Trying her best not to lie, Laura said, "Well I'm sure that whoever those items belong to isn't with him now."

 

"How do you know?"

 

"Well anytime I turn around the two of you are together. So when would he have time to have another woman over at the house without you being there?"

 

Rachel smiled. "I guess you have a point."

 

Laura sat on the floor and began to play with Nikolas as Rachel went on to update her on things going on with Jerry and the divorce.

 

As Rachel was about to tell her about JC, the doorbell rang. Laura went to open it and saw JC standing there. "Hey. I wanted to drop off some sheet music for you to look at. I also wanted to take a look at what you have done so far."

 

"Come in. I'll go and get it."

 

JC began to follow her down the hallway towards the living room. She stopped at the closet and opened it to get out her bag. He watched her as she leafed through it and handed him papers. JC was overcome with emotions when he sniffed the air and could smell the light fragrance of her lotion. He smiled to himself as he looked at her body and remembered back to a time when he held it in his arms. Laura handed him the last paper out of the bag and their thumbs accidentally touched. They both stared at one another while holding on to the paper. JC opened his mouth to speak. "I really need your help with this."

 

Laura was immediately reminded of Rachel's earlier plea for help. She pulled her hand away from his and walked down the hallway. "Let me get the rest for you." she stated. He followed her down the hall and into the living room. He stopped at the doorway when he saw Rachel sitting on the couch. He suddenly became very nervous. She turned around and smiled when she noticed him.

 

"Hey sweetie!"

 

"Hey." he said as he glanced at Rachel briefly and focused his attention towards Laura who was taking music off of the piano.

 

"We were just talking about you." JC's heart began to beat faster and his fingers began to tremble. "Oh were you?"

 

"Yep."

 

"Nothing terrible I hope."

 

"Nope. I was just about to drop the baby off with you so I can go and meet with my attorney about the divorce." Rachel looked down at her watch. "Oh my God. I had no idea the time went by so fast. I need to go right now before I am late."

 

Rachel handed JC the baby's bag and told Laura she would talk to her later. She leaned up and kissed JC on the cheek and headed towards the back door. Laura followed behind her to help with the lock. JC stood and watched them.

 

"Again, Laura. I am sorry about the mess I caused you. I will make this up to you." she hugged Laura and rushed out the door. Laura never hugged her back and stood there stunned as she watched Rachel race through the backyard to JC's house.  Laura slowly walked back into the room and gathered up the rest of the papers. She did everything she could, not to look JC in the eyes. He broke the silence and asked, "Can we work on this tonight?"

 

"I really don't know yet. I have to see if I will have time." she said, never looking up from the piano.

 

"Busy a lot lately I see."

 

"Yeah. Same goes for you." she answered sarcastically as she walked towards him.

 

JC didn't understand what she meant. "I haven't really been busy with much of anything these days."

 

Laura handed him the last of the music. "That's not what I hear."

 

"Well what have you heard?"

 

Laura shook her head and looked away from him. "It's not important, JC. Nikky looks like he is ready for a nap so I think you should get him home before he get's irritable."

 

JC knew that was his cue to leave. He picked up Nikolas and started towards the back door. He stopped and turned his head to speak. "Listen...About what you heard last night on the phone."

 

Laura folded her arms. "You don't have to explain anything to me, JC. We're both adults here. Rachel told me everything. It's none of my business anyway." she said as she walked past him to open the door.

 

He was confused as to what she and Rachel had spoken about before he got there. Before he could ask, Laura said, "Could you please gather up anything that is in your house that belongs to me? I would really like it all back."

 

"Ummm...Okay." he said. "Do you want it tonight?"

 

"Whenever you get a chance." she answered. "She waved goodbye to the baby and slowly closed her back door. She stood there and watched JC and the baby as they disappeared through the fence. Once they were out of sight Laura finally let the tears fall down her face as she dialed Hallie's number to tell her what had happened.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex