Two days had gone by and Laura was frantically trying to focus on finishing up the project. 

 

"When's the limo coming?" Justin asked, looking up from the piano. 

 

Laura was rushing back and forth across the living room.  "Somewhere near 8. I have no idea. Jerry just said he was sending a limo to get us." she answered as she grabbed documents and stuffed them into her messenger bag. 

 

"Oh..." Justin said as he sat down on the piano stool and watched Laura lifting up seat cushions looking for missing papers.

 

In his attempt to help, Justin looked in the stool he was sitting on and found some sheet music. "Is this it?" he asked as he handed it to her.

 

Laura looked over and read the title, "How Do You Keep The Music Playing?" She stood there and remembered the last time she had worked on it. She and JC had been in his studio earlier in the day before they made love later on the same night.  They had talked about how many kids they had planned on having.  It seemed so long ago to Laura.  "No. That's not it." she said as she went back to her search.

 

Justin shrugged his shoulders and looked down at the music and decided to play it. Laura didn't notice it until he started to sing.

 

(Male Voice)

How do you keep the music playing

How do you make it last

How do you keep the song from fading

Too fast

 

(Female Voice)

How do you lose yourself to someone

And never lose your way

How do you not run out of new things

to say

 

(Male Voice)

And since we know we're always changing

How can it be the same

 

(Female Voice)

And tell me how year after year you're sure your heart will fall apart

each time you hear

his name….

 

The music and lyrics on the sheet ended abruptly and Justin couldn't continue the song. "This is a good song so far, Laura. When are you going to finish it."

 

"I'm not."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I can't even be in the same room with the person who helped me write it."

 

He quickly read over the lyrics again. He then noticed the last set of vocals and looked towards Laura and noticed her eyes were slightly wet with tears."

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."

 

She shook her head, "You didn't."

 

"This isn't going to be on the album?"

 

"I don't think so. I think I want to hold off on this one for awhile." she said as she grabbed it and stuffed it into her bag. Justin nodded his head in agreement and went back to helping her with her quest.

 

At 7:30 the limo pulled up to Laura's house. She gathered up all her music and rushed out the door. JC was already inside. They both sat on opposite ends of the car in silence the entire ride.

 

Around 45 minutes later, they arrived at their destination.  As the limo pulled up to the small building Laura and JC noticed Jerry standing outside waiting on them. They both got out and looked around and noticed there wasn't a soul for miles. The building was surrounded by trees and was set very far off the main road at the end of a winding dirt road.  There were hardly any lights on the dirt road leading up to the place.  Laura was slightly apprehensive and JC also seemed uneasy about the situation.  "So what are we doing way out here, Jerry?" he asked.

 

"Come inside and I will explain everything."

 

They grabbed their things and reluctantly followed him into the building. They went passed rooms filled with paint buckets, ladders, rolled up carpeting, plastic drop cloths, and hardware tools, and furniture that was still wrapped in plastic. At the end of the hallway they entered what seemed to be the newer part of the building. Jerry made a left into what seemed to be a large recording studio. Both Laura and JC were taken aback by the room. Everything they laid their eyes on was brand new. The room even smelled like freshly cut wood. There was a large black Baby Grande piano sitting in the corner of the large sound proof booth along with various other guitars, keyboards, drums, and other equipment.

 

Outside of the booth in the other room there were two very large black plush couches, a long soundboard with four computer monitors placed inside the cabinets. There were three keyboards hooked up to three laptops and small stools over in a corner of the room. They noticed a very large cabinet that was stocked halfway with junk food items from chips to Hostess cakes. The studio was completely layed out.  There was even a mid-size refrigerator near the door.

 

Jerry went on to explain that he has recently purchased the building and was going to rent it out to various artists for recording and producing tracks.  He wanted to eventually start his own label if things went as well as he expected them to.  Both JC and Laura walked around the room checking out all the equipment. In those few minutes they weren't two ex-lover's who had been at each other's throat's.  They were two artists in awe of all the newest instruments and tools that could use to further their crafts. They both eventually found themselves in the sound proof booth looking at all the mics and other new equipment. Neither of them noticed the door shutting behind them. JC went to turn the knob to go back into the other room, but noticed it was locked.  He motioned for Jerry's attention. Jerry put his hand out to his ear and mouthed that he couldn't hear them. He walked over to the board and pressed the button. "What did you say?"

 

"The door is locked. Can you open it and let us out?"  JC asked as he pulled at the door.

 

"Sorry. No can do, guys."

 

"What?" Laura asked with a confused look on her face.

 

"The two of you are going to get this project done before the weekend is through. You're not leaving here until the songs are finished."

 

"You're kidnapping us?" JC laughed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex