What the hell are doing? Coming up in here and sitting in the dark like that?!" she yelled as she threw her towel at him.

 

Me? Look who's talking." he sat motionlessly staring at her as he continued to speak. "Or should I call the cops and let them know I have a different stalker now.  One who shares your name and has the same necklace with their name across it?" JC slowly leaned forward and placed the necklace on the desk.

 

"What are you talking about?" she asked nonchalantly.

 

"Oh Puh-leez." JC said. "You're actually going to stand there and act like you weren't spying an hour ago?

 

"I don't know what you are talking about." she replied trying not to smirk.

 

"You know...You could have just asked me." JC said as he stood up and walked around the desk and placed his hands on her arms and slid them down to entwine their fingers. Laura quickly backed away and started to clean up the mess they had made the night before.

 

"It's not that easy, JC. I am not one of your groupies that you used to play mind games with. You can't just flash a smile my way and expect me to forget shit. I'm not Rachel either...You can't just buy me a car or a few diamond rings and all is forgiven." she said as she furiously grabbed papers and pens off the floor.

 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." JC said, completely at a loss for words.

 

"Look, just don't come in here acting like everything between us is okay when it really isn't. Don't stand there and say I should have just asked rather than spy. Obviously you didn't feel I needed to know that bit of information about you seeing Rachel."  Laura threw his swim trunks at him.  "Here you go...You know the way out." She said as she turned off the light, leaving JC in the dark. She walked into the den and placed a CD in the stereo and sat down looking at sheet music. She could feel his presence in the room but did not turn around to acknowledge him.

 

"I didn't tell you because I was afraid."

 

"Afraid of what?" Laura asked never turning around.

 

"Afraid that I would jeopardize us...But even more afraid that I may still want her back in my life."

 

Laura suddenly stopped reading and looked down at the floor. "I see." she replied trying to choke back the emotions. She had never expected him to say that.  She was completely thrown off guard. 

 

JC walked further into the den and sat on the piano bench and continued to speak. "For a big part of my life, she was everything to me and more. All this other shit isn't that far in the past for me to have just thrown away all my feelings I had for her. I thought I had been doing so well...Especially when you and I were together." he said as he went to sit next to her on the couch.

 

Laura quickly moved away from him and motioned her arms for him to stay back. "Seeing her threw me for a loop. Up until that very moment when I saw her at the door, I thought I was fine. Then all these emotions came rushing back over me. Some good, some bad...But they were there. I didn't want to hurt you. But thoughts of her would always creep back into my mind. I tossed it away and tried not to think of it again. I thought that I was just thinking of her in retrospect...And I was right, Laura."

 

JC got on his knees in front of her. Swaying his body from left to right, he followed her head, trying to get her to look at him. He grabbed her hands and placed his over them.  "This thing between you and me is new. In respecting your wishes not to tell anyone about us, I sometimes feel neglected. Times when I want to just grab you, kiss you, hug you, or hold you, I have to make sure it's okay first.  It's very complicated for the both of us right now...I know. I guess I was just trying to remember the times when my life wasn't such a mess."

 

Laura sucked in her teeth at what he was saying. She could still picture him and Rachel. Rachel's hands on his face. JC kissing her palms....Laura snapped out of her trance when JC brought her hands closer to his face. "But my feelings for you have not changed. I truly believe that seeing her again has made me love you even more...If that's even possible."

 

Laura went to speak but JC covered her lips with his finger. "I'm very sorry that I did not tell you that I had seen Rachel. I didn't want things to get even more complicated between us. I didn't want what you are feeling right now to even exist when you are with me. I should have been honest and told you anyway and I didn't. But I promise you that from this day on, I will tell you everything...No matter what."

 

Laura pulled at JC's arm to get him off the floor. She turned her body to face him on the couch. "I apologize for acting like a 13 year old when I stupidly tried to spy on you and my best friend. But to be honest, you challenged my trust. And that was why I did that. To see or hear what actually happens and then to hear you tell me yourself was what I was attempting to do...Wanting to see if I could trust you with her after you kept that little bit of information from me. Especially to feel stupid in front of people that know I am the 'go-to-girl' when it comes to you. I'm sure if someone asked me how many times you piss during the day I could easily tell them 8." Laura joked.

 

JC smiled. Laura smiled back and slowly leaned forward and kissed his cheek. JC went to return the kiss but she moved back. "I think for right now we both shouldn't continue this relationship.

 

JC never saw that coming. "What?!" he asked loudly.

 

Laura was very calm and was still smiling. "Chill...You are still dealing with some issues with your past, present and future. Rachel is also my best friend. Its hard to hear about you from her and hear about her from you...Now I just confused myself with whatever the hell I just said. But, basically I want to take a step back and evaluate things. We have this album deal to work on together and I don't want things to fuck that up. So I think for the next 5 months we should just go back to how things were and not get sucked into being best friends and lovers.

 

JC started to laugh hysterically. "You really think you can physically hold off for that long?"

 

"Yep" Laura smiled.

 

"Well if that is what you want, then that is what you shall get, baby." JC said as he stood up to leave.

 

"That's it? No argument?"

 

"No. I think its a good idea...Pal." he paused said with a deep grin on his face as he patted the side of her shoulder. "Well my friend, I must be going. I have a big day tomorrow...You know how it is living the single life."

 

Laura stood there puzzled as he walked out of the den towards the back door to leave. The light finally went off in her head and she ran after him. "You don't think I can do it, do you?!"

 

JC turned around with the same deep grin and just waved. "We'll see, baby. You better snuggle up in your bed alone tonight. It's suppose to get chilly around here rather soon. Night!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next few weeks were torture. JC and Laura would be in his basement studio and every chance he got, he would make sexual remark or brush up against Laura in just the right ways that he knew would drive her insane.  She would go over to his house to see him at her usual times during the day and he would always end up greeting her wearing just a towel or anything else that showed off his body. Laura just decided to focus her mind on other things...Like just how good his body would feel up against hers. She was in agony and she knew he was literally getting off at the fact that she was becoming stir crazy without his lips and arms around her.

 

JC knew exactly what he was doing and was enjoying every minute of it. He never agreed with the separation, but instead of fighting it, he decided to use it to his advantage. And he was happier and happier each day when he saw her squirm. Laura knew if she fought back in retaliation it would just make the sexual tension even more intense than it already was, and she would be sure to lose the battle.

 

She soon got a break from all of his incessant flirtations when he went away with the guys for a few radio promotions around the states. She would have a full 2 weeks to herself. She had actually survived a month without sex...Without sex with JC. Who would have thunk it?

 

Laura got a great deal of writing done and even got a chance to spend more time with Rachel. At one time she and Rachel were like Siamese twins...Inseparable. She had missed it. She missed being able to really bitch and moan about men and how she always needed excessive amounts of Midol, chocolate and junk food when her period came around. She couldn't sit and veg out with JC when that happened. He would get all weird around her and act as though she were a leper. Laura tried to stay neutral during the entire breakup, but it was hard. She knew the truth behind things and consoled one friend more than the other. It soon caused a rift and the balance in their friendships was altered. She was now trying to salvage the bond she once had with Rachel.

 

Rachel was a big art fan. Anytime a show would come into town, she would be the first to get exclusive tickets to special events and showings. Rachel had sent Laura a pair right before JC left in case they wanted to check it out one day while they were in the city working. JC was away and he had his ticket somewhere. She never stayed on the phone with him long enough to find out. They would start off by talking about their days events and JC's voice would suddenly get a little deeper and his breathing pattern would start to change and she could hear moaning in the background. Obviously a porno he had ordered in his hotel room to get through those lonely nights without her. And right when he would ask her what she was wearing, she suddenly would have to take Buddy for a walk or go to sleep. So instead of putting herself through anymore grief she decided not to waste her art pass and decided to just go alone.

 

She checked her watch as she ran up the cement steps and in through the revolving doors.

 

'Damn, why am I always late?' she mumbled to herself.

 

Stopping in the middle of the lobby, she looked around in awe at the high ceilings that housed skylights and stained glass. On a sunny day this place must be really magical, she thought. The weather outside was still undecided but would probably turn into a storm. The morning had brought a little blue sky and the sun had tried to show itself but it seemed that the dull gray sky had won the battle and now storm clouds were threatening to share.

 

Moving to the Information Desk, she patiently waited her turn. The woman behind the desk appeared to be in the wrong job for customer service. Each question that was asked was given a snippy reply; the only thing missing was her rolling her eyes and calling the person stupid. There should be a law where women who have severe PMS get to stay home from their jobs and torture only the ones who really love them. Finally she stood face to face with the woman across the counter and braced herself for her reply.

 

"I have a pass for the Montgomery Exhibit that was scheduled to leave at 2:00 and I was wondering where to go to meet up with the group." She smiled sweetly thinking that might help.  The woman, who was wearing a name tag that said her name was Lucy, sighed and shook her head as if in total disgust. "And what time is it now?" Lucy asked in her own special way.

"Well, that big old clock behind you says it's 2:23, so that'll be my guess." She figured that sarcasm would be wasted on Lucy, but gave it a shot anyway.

 

"The tour left promptly at 2:00 and if you'll check your pass and read it, you'll see that they do not accept late arrivals." Lucy said, and then added, with a cruel smile on her face. "Perhaps next time we should leave the house a little earlier."

She stared at Lucy and wondered if the woman was worth her time. Actually, since she couldn't join the tour group, she did have some time on her hands but since there was a long line of people behind her just waiting for Lucy's abuse so she just smiled her best smile at Lucy and asked. "Did you used to work for the government?" and then walked away.

 

Laura didn't want to waste her day, so she bought herself a coffee and grabbed a pamphlet that contained a list of other exhibits at the art museum.  She sat on a bench near a huge fountain and read it. After scanning the list she sighed and frowned. This was the last day that the Montgomery Exhibit could be viewed here before it moved on to the next city. She looked down at her pass and considered giving it back to Lucy in a place that wouldn't exactly be comfortable.

 

Crossing her legs and adjusting her skirt, she leaned back and sipped her coffee, watching the crowds of people entering and leaving. She hoped she'd bump into Rachel, but knew her friend was off shooting a fragrance commercial on the other side of town.  Her eyes scanned the long lineup of people who just couldn't get enough of Lucy. She watched as the man in the front of the line listened, shook his head and then turned away from the desk, looking discouraged. He must have felt her eyes on him because he looked up and shrugged his shoulders, smiled and then headed to where she was sitting. He moved with a grace that she had always admired. It was hard to describe the movement but it projected self-confidence, something that couldn't be taught or mimicked, they just either had it or didn't. This man definitely had it.

 

He was a little over 6 feet tall and toned. His dark brown hair complimented his tanned face and added to his rugged good looks. She guessed him to be around 26 years old but it was hard to tell. He had dressed very casually in a pair of jeans and a button down, deep green cotton shirt.

He made a motion towards Lucy with his head, "I'm guessing she was once part of a military operation gone bad," he said in a voice that made her stomach do a flip flop.

"I guessed ex-government employee, but you're probably more accurate." she replied, flashing him a smile. He laughed and asked if he could sit with her. She would have been disappointed if he didn't and she nodded.

 

Leaning back against the bench he crossed his long legs and sighed. "You know, my friend gave me a free pass for the Montgomery Exhibit a month ago and I kept meaning to get here and the day that I finally get back into town and have some time to myself, I miss it! And it's the last damn day to see it too." He looked at her and smiled. "Sorry, just venting here." He held out his hand and added, "My name is Rick."

 

'Hmmm??' She thought quietly to herself.  She was completely confused.  Placing her hand in his she felt a jolt pass through her body that felt like she had just stuck her finger in an electrical outlet. Had he felt it too?  "I'm Laura and I missed the exhibit by exactly 23 minutes. You can ask Lucy, she'll back me up on that one."

 

He laughed and said he would take her word on it.  She shook his hand and looked into his eyes that were staring back into hers. They released hands, reluctantly on both sides and just took each other in, neither embarrassed by their open stares.

Finally he broke the silence. "Well Laura, this is how I see it. We could go over to that security guard that is blocking the entrance to the exhibit and bribe our way in or better yet, you could distract him with that killer smile of yours and I could slip in. Our other option is we could pick another exhibit and view it together, if you'd like."

 

She knew that she would follow him anywhere and suggested another exhibit because the security guard, who was probably about 90 years old, didn't really do anything for her. She handed him the list and watched him scan the other selections with much thought. He asked if she had seen anything that looked remotely interesting but she hadn't and suggested he select one.

"Okay," he said, turning his attention back to the flyer and looking very serious for a moment. "Got it!"

 

"And the winner is?"

 

"Recycled!" he replied trying to hold back a smile.

 

"You've got to be kidding. You want to go from Montgomery to garbage?" She laughed. "Isn't that taking a step in the wrong direction?"

 

"Come on," he pleaded, "you young people these days just can't seem to open your minds to new ideas. Think about it Laura, you put out your garbage once a week and have never viewed it as true art and now you have a chance."

 

She knew he was teasing her and decided to call his bluff, "Okay, let's go then 'Old Timer' and you can show me how my trash can be turned into cash."

 

"You've got to be kidding" he repeated her words, searching her face for a hint of humor. She shook her head and stood up, tossing her half-empty coffee cup into the trash can.

 

"Geeze, maybe I should have kept that." She tried to look serious.

 

He laughed and stood up beside her and looked around for the entrance to their destination. At 5"4 she had to look up at him and decided that the view from down there was just as good.

 

"Whew, thank God, I see it over there." He pointed to the far right. "For a moment I thought you'd have to go ask Miss

Congeniality over at the Information Desk for directions while I waited."

 

He touched her arm lightly and led her over to the gate and while he was purchasing two tickets, he explained that dinner that evening would be on her. The words 'on her' brought all sorts of images to her mind that involved several spreadable foods and she quickly shook those thoughts away. They passed through the gates, picking up a pamphlet about the exhibit and were suddenly surrounded by someone's personal view of the world.

 

The first piece was very interesting, the sign saying that it was called 'Hope'. Apparently "Hope" used to be a bicycle and a lawnmower that had been in a serious accident and it was the artist's hope that there were survivors. She walked around it and touched one of the tire tubes.  He was reading the sign and looked up, "Hey watch it! The 'you break it you bought it' rule applies here."

 

She pulled her hand away from it quickly and laughed. They moved on to the next piece and she watched as he stood back, placing one arm across his chest while resting his other one on it and rubbing his chin. He looked like he was really pondering it. She moved in closer to get a good look at it and wondered what he found so interesting about it. Finally she asked him what he was thinking.

 

"Oh I was just thinking that I threw out some very valuable stuff when I cleaned out the garage a few months ago." He dropped his arms and smiled at her as he jammed his hands in his pockets.

 

As they moved from object to object they talked about themselves with an amazing ease for two people that had just 'met'. Outside the storm had taken over. Lightening flashed and thunder crashed. From inside you could hear the wind whistling and the rain pounding against the skylights. She looked up at the water smashing and then running down against the glass, wondering if there was a broken umbrella hidden somewhere in this exhibit that she would borrow.

 

They entered another room that held the artist's smaller pieces. Several were placed on stands scattered around the room, making it look like an obstacle course.

 

"Wow, look at this one!" he exclaimed. "I've been looking for something to put on my coffee table."

 

"Looks like it used to be one." she commented, leaning over to study it while he stood back and studied her butt.

The piece was valued at five hundred dollars and she told him that she would personally run over her own coffee table with her car and sell it to him for a mere two hundred. He told her she had no appreciation for true art and they moved on.

The lights started to flicker and a voice came over the speakers telling them that if the lights went out the building was equipped with emergency lights that would help them find their way safely back to the lobby. As if on cue, the lights flickered again and then went out, leaving them in total darkness.

 

She could feel him close beside her. Feeling the heat from his body and the familiar scent of his cologne made her head spin. Suddenly his hand took hers.  "I think we are emergency light challenged back here. With the next big flash of lightning we should head over to our right where there is a bench." He squeezed her hand gently.

 

She mumbled 'okay' as she tried to stop her body and mind from reacting to his touch.

 

Seconds later there was a series of lightning flashes that lit the room enough for them to maneuver around the displays and make their way to the bench. She sat down and he sat very close to her, resting his arm on the back of the bench behind her, his fingertips lightly stroking her shoulder.

"There's nothing more romantic than a big storm, a beautiful woman and a room full of recycled garbage, I always say."

 

"You need to get out more" she replied and he laughed.

 

His touch was burning into her skin, setting it on fire. She knew what she wanted to do but wasn't quite sure how to approach the subject. Not being one to shy away but wanting to remain tactful she took a deep breath and said. "I always say, make the most out of every situation."

 

"Funny" he replied "that's the second thing I always say."

 

He moved sideways and touched her cheek, leaning in and kissed her lips softly. Her arms moved around his neck as she turned and returned his kiss, her body melting against his. Their kisses grew from gentle and soft to hard and passionate, each letting the other know that their earlier feeling about each other had been mutual. In the distance they could hear people making their way back to the lobby, chattering about the fierceness of the storm and being thankful for the emergency lights. She could think of two people that were thankful for the lack of light right now.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers missionary oral girlontop bathroomsex makeupsex daddyjc breakupjc boyfriendjc desksex