Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok it's been way to long for an update. So here we go!

 

 

 

Justin

 

                I spent most of the day in the studio today. I finished a couple tracks that I actually think are going to be great for the album, and I spent the rest of the day working on Elizabeth's tracks but now, now it's time to go home to my wife.

                My mother had dropped off a package for us at the studio today before she flew home. I haven't opened it yet but I am assuming that it's something for the babies... Babies... wow! It's still hard to believe.

"See everyone tomorrow. I'm out." I expressed throwing my laptop in the bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

"What do you mean you're out?" Elizabeth says.

"Exactly how I said it. I'm going home to my wife to have dinner..."

"Why do you always run home to her?" She said disgusted.

"We have had this discussion before. You will show respect for my wife. I don't know what your problem is but the last time I checked I was the one in charge of your record label. I'm the one that can pull this from underneath you."

"I can go elsewhere and record an album. You said yourself that I had the talent."

"If you want out of your contract that's fine. But none of the other labels are going to spend six months recording one fucking track for you. If you can handle the pressure they are going to drop you in a heartbeat. I have spent a lot of my own money to get your album off the ground..."

"I'm not saying I want to leave..." she said before gasping as if it made her day worse that I was leaving.

"Well then I suggest you show some respect for the others in the room that can make or break your career."

She picks up her brand new shiny patent leather Mui Mui bag, "Whatever if you are leaving, I am done for the day as well."  She walked out the door, slamming it behind her.

"Ugh." I was frustrated with her. "She has got to change her attitude. I will not put someone like her out in the industry... her head will only get bigger."

JC just looked at me. He didn't know what to say.

I looked at him frustrated, "You know I'm right. We have met people like her before... we know what it will turn out like. I almost don't want to have my name attached to her at. Talent or not she is bitchy non-stop."

JC just looks at me, and then finally says "I think the problem is... you."

"WHAT? What the hell did I do to her?" I snapped back.

"Justin... unfortunately I think she is interested in you."

"I would hope so. I have only invested way too much money into her record."

JC laughs, "I think you have married too long. She seems to think in her own fantasy world that you two belong together."

"That's crazy, C."

"We have seen some crazy things over the years but meeting someone that thinks they already belong with you is something we have seen many times before." He laughs.

"She knows I'm happily married."

"That makes it more of a challenge for her. I have been noticing the little signs for a while. I was sure you were catching onto it."

"I never noticed. When I walk in this room I'm in full on work mode..."

He interrupts me, "And the moment you mention your wife, her attitude goes from irritated to irate. I'm telling you that is what's wrong with her."

I set back down on the chair. "I never saw it... it makes sense now that it is brought to my attention but I never noticed any of those things."

                I was happily married. It took me thirty years to find her, but when I did it was worth every heartbreak I have gone through to be where I am today. I rushed into the house, wanting to find her quickly. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and make her the happiest woman alive.

                I found her, in our bedroom in a tank top and jeans. Her skin is still tan from our vacation. Her back is sleek and sexy. I walked up behind her planting kisses on her shoulder and up her neck... and then I see what she was doing. My mood is instantly changed.

"Your packing... where are you going?"

She turns around, "There is something major going on at the William Rast office in the New York so I have to get there."

"Damn it."

"What?" she asked.

"I wanted to spend some alone time with you. I rearranged studio time so I could be at home every night this week."

"I'm sorry. This just came up about an hour ago. If I don't get there who knows what will happen."

"Why can't Trace go?"

"Because it's the couture line... and Anabelle's shooting this week so he has Mason the majority of the time. Kia just had Sophia, she can't go."

"I could go with you... let me see if..."

"Justin- I will be fine. I will be gone a couple days... I think I want to see my mom on the way home but I will just be a couple days."

"I want to see your mother as well. I will book us both a flight."

She turned to look at me, "Your studio time is crucial right now. I understand that, I can do this myself."

He pulls me closer to him, "I know you can do this yourself, but I want to do it with you. I want to go."

"Ok how about you finish the studio session then meet me in Pittsburgh?"

"That sounds like an okay plan!"

"Just okay?" She joked.

I reach my arm around her back pulling her closer to my body, my hand rested right above the curve of her amazing ass that I wanted to have in my hands. I nestled my nose into the curve of her neck breathing on her shoulder before I stepped back and placed my hands on her stomach. Kneeling down to her stomach level, I press my lips against her swollen abdomen.

 

 

 

Melissa

                It was early. Too early. The sun wasn't even close to being up but the flight was the only one I could get on and still have some daylight left in the day. I would hate to get to NYC and make everyone stay super late. But if the problem was as big as they claim, we will all be putting in all nighters.

                I climbed out of bed and headed for coffee. This day can't even be remotely started without coffee. I stood in the empty kitchen thinking how crazy it was going to be this time next year. Two little babies running around laughing and screaming... could I really handle two babies?

                My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I run through the kitchen and into the entry way where I had laid it coming down the stairs.

"Melissa... Where are you?" Meredith says in a panic.

"I'm at home. Getting ready to get dressed. What's going on?"

"I thought you had a redeye flight?" She said, irritated.

"No, the one redeye flight was booked. I had to get the one flying out at 4:30."

"Okay... I guess this will have to work."

"What exactly is going on?" I was confused and getting no answers.

"It will be fine until you get here? Have a safe flight"

                What was going on? This was not like Meredith to keep me out of the loop on things. I really hope the problem isn't bigger than I can handle right now.

I crept back up the stairs to jump in the shower and get ready. Justin was half awake when I walked out of the shower.

"I don't want you to leave..." he says.

I climbed on the bed, climbing on top of him. "Two days, I will see you in two days."

"I want to wake up and smell you in the morning air. I want to go to sleep at the end up the night spelling like lilacs because you held on to me tight..."

"Babe, this isn't easy for me either. I hate waking up to an empty bed but we have to suck it up sometimes... it's not all about us."

"It's not? Crap I didn't get that memo..." he says yawning. I could tell he was still tired.

I smiled at him before leaning my head down on his chest. "I love you. I'm going to miss you. Go back to bed, it's early. I will see you in a couple days." I kissed him on the forehead and climbed back out of bed.     I slipped on a pair of jeans that I had worn many times but this time, they don't fit correctly. The bump has officially gotten to the point where I can tell a difference in the way they fit. I place my hand over the bump and I feel goose bumps rise all over my body. This was really happening.

How was I going to hid this from the world?

                I didn't have a choice, I had to get moving. I was placing a few items for Justin in the bedroom and around the house when the car arriving beeping the horn like it was the middle of the day. I opened the door waving my hand, acknowledging that I heard him hoping he wouldn't wake up the entire Hollywood Hills. One last glance in the mirror and I wrap the jacket around me tying the ribbon loosely hoping it wouldn't be that noticeable.

                "LAX?" The driver asked.

"Yes. I need departures."

"We will be there in twenty minutes." He said.

               

I couldn't sleep for anything on the plane. I sat going through emails for hours. I knew that this day was going to be bad, I didn't however know the realm of it.

‘Let the rumors start flying', that was the subject on the email from Jenny, the new PR assistant.  Every photographer this morning had taken photos and sent them to press before I even stepped off the plane. I thought I had done a good job at keeping the jacket closed, but I must have let it slip out of my hands for a split second because they had the perfect angle of the money shot and they got it.

I threw my head back on the seat, frustrated. I wanted to enjoy this time with Justin. This was something we should be celebrating and not hiding from everyone. The more I thought about it the more I didn't care. If they wanted to write the stories and print the pictures that was fine, I would tell the world when I was ready to share the news.  

 

I walked into the terminal at JFK to a swarm of paparazzi. There had to be at least thirty cameras in my face. Not one of them would move out of my way. I stood there with glaring lights in my face until finally a couple security guards forced a passage way for me to get to my bags and to the car that was waiting for me. Have thirty people screaming in my face is not how I wanted to start the day. Thirty people pushing their way into my space worried me. They wanted photos, I understood that but the last thing I need to deal with is one of them running into me.

I managed to finally get to the car and slumped down in the seat. Water filled my eyes. Before I met Justin I was a very private person. No one knew anything about me. Not even my friends knew everything about me, I don't regret any of the choices I have made over the years but I sure wish I had a little more privacy. I willing gave that up when I fell in love with Justin. He was worth it in the end.

Shaking off the feelings I was going through I walked into the William Rast offices and prepared myself for yet another nightmare on the elevator ride up. What could possibly be so dire emergency that I had to fly across the country but yet still have no clue as to what is going on?

"Meredith." I yelled down the hallway.

"Melissa. Finally." She expressed.

"Finally? I just got off the plane. What is going on?"

"Drop your things off in your office, then meet us in the conference room. Everyone is already in there working."

"Well aren't you miss do it all now? Do I pay you enough for all this?"

"Ha. We can talk about that later." She joked.

 

                The office door was cracked open and the light was off. Meredith must have turned the air because I can hear it moving around. I reached for the door to push it open, flipping on the light switch. I gasped at the sight in my office as the light fills the room...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story