Author's Chapter Notes:
I feel like I've neglected this story a little bit latley. But trust me I'm constantly thinking about it.
 

Justin

 

                How could I have let this happen? How could I have let it get this far?

                The ice cubes in my whiskey is starting to melt. I didn't need another drink. That was for sure, more alcohol could make this situation worse. I think if I spin this glass in circles anymore I am going to need to replace the granite countertops. That would surly piss Melissa off, considering it took us eight months to get this special granite in.

God, I missed her.

                My stomach growling was a reminder that I hadn't eaten the entire day. Luckily the coke I used to mix with my whisky had enough sugar in it to keep me moving for the day. I opened the fridge to find a pizza box that had a small note attached to it.

                It was Mel's neat cursive handwriting.

Because I know you will not eat the whole day and be looking for something to eat later, I stopped and picked you up a pizza. I hope you see this before it goes bad.

I love you- Mel

 

I knew that Melissa said she believed me, but I knew her. I knew that once she has an ounce of distrust she would be guarded. I needed her to trust me, I didn't need her to think I would ever do that to her. I needed her love more than I need air to breathe.

A knock on the front door startled me. I took a slice of pizza out of the box and placed it on the counter before walking towards the door, eating the cold pizza. Behind the glass I see someone I have spent most of my life with, someone who has seen the craziness just as much as I have.

"You look like shit man." He says as soon as the door flies open.

"Thanks C. That's comforting."

"I'm here to state the truth, that's it." He looks around the dark house, seeing the light in the kitchen glistening off the scotch glass on the counter. "Elizabeth is not worth you doing this to yourself. You have done nothing wrong. Mel doesn't deserve that..."

"Elizabeth will never have that satisfaction. Plus, I had a drink, JC. Ok maybe a few but I'm fine." I knew exactly what he was referring to. I close my eyes and walk away from him, walking back into the kitchen.

"J- I know what you went though with your break up with -"

I cut him off, "That was another lifetime ago. I'm not still dealing with that."

"I'm not saying you are. But I know the depression you sank into, and it started with that very same scotch glass I do believe. Why do you still even have that glass, it holds such bad memories."

"I just wanted a drink to calm my nerves. I'm fine. And I have that glass still because it was something my grandfather bought me..." That woman in my past will never outweigh the memories of my grandfather. That woman deserved nothing that great.

He starts laughing, staring at that glass, "I love that you continue to drink Jack in your scotch glass."

"I'm from Tennessee man that's what we drink." I joked.

Looking down at the floor he asks, "So, did you talk to Mel? What did she say?"

"I have to say that was the most difficult thing I think I have and will ever say to her... and I didn't even do anything to have that conversation with her. I did nothing wrong to make her feel a level of distrust with me."

"She loves you. She knows you love her. You will get past this." He stands in silence.

The smell of lilacs overtakes my senses again.  A wave of her came rushing in. I had an idea. I wasn't going to wait any longer to see her, "Will you drive me to the airport?"

"Sure, when?"

"Now." I expressed.

JC gave me that same look he used to give me when I was about to do something crazy and spontaneous. That disapproving older figure looking down at the choices I would make. "It's late, fly out in the morning."

I picked up the glass and placed it in the sink. "Don't look at me like that... I'll take the red eye. I want to be there when she wakes up in the morning."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked sitting down at the island.

I sat down next across from him, "Yes, I should have done this in the first place. I should have just gone to NYC as soon as this happened. I should have never told her over the phone..."

"I have to say, I'm glad to see this part of you back." A smile resided on his face now.

"What part?" he question, confused.

"The spontaneous J I used to know. The one who would jump on a plane in a heartbeat and fly anywhere he wanted to. The guy that put his heart above everything else, the guy you always were from the day you met Mel, that guy that has become an amazing man."

"Look at you getting all cheesy and stuff."

"I know right? That's all you get now." He pointed at the stairs, "Go get your bag. Let's get you to the airport."

 

                I ran into LAX hoping that there was still a seat left on that flight. I should have a called on the way, but I was willing to pay whatever I needed to get on that flight. I bypassed every photographer in that airport, storming right past them. My one track mind came in handy. When the woman behind the counter looked at me with the sad eyes I felt my heart sink. She was going to tell me it was full, she was going to tell me I had to wait until morning to fly out and I don't know how I was going to handle that.
"Mr. Timberlake." She says shaking. "We do have one seat left."

I threw my head back and exhaled the breathe I was holding in. "Thank you."

She continues to look at the screen, not having eye contact with me, "Well, there is an issue though. There is a tag on your account that says for security reasons you have to be seating in first class, with the accompany of a security agent. The one seat I have left is in coach and I don't see your body guard anywhere..."

"Fuck." I said out loud wishing I had control of my foul language in public places, "That was my management's doing. Can we take that off, it's a red eye flight. I will be fine."

"I need to get approval to do this. I will put the ticket on hold and see what I can do." She types away on her keyboard, not looking up at me.

"I really appreciate that however the flight is boarding right now..." I began to panic a little. How in the world was I going to get on that flight? I would totally pull out the celebrity card if I needed to.

"It will just take a minute." She turns and picks up the phone.

I stood there, tapping my foot, pacing around the ticket counter. I was nervous. The minutes were ticking by and I was just standing here, doing nothing. I didn't have any power to control this situation. I needed to get to my wife. From someone who thought there would never be a chance in hell I would get married, I think it was the best choice I had made in my entire life. Being hurt and dealing with a broken heart is never an easy thing but without that pain and unfaithfulness I wouldn't have fell as madly in love as I have.  Each day I count my lucky stars that she continues to love me every day. I'm blessed to have many things in my life but she is the one thing that I hold closest to my heart. Nothing else in the world mattered. Soon there will be two more things to hold dear to my heart. I still have a hard time believing I will be a father. Marriage was a step I never thought I would take. I never ever thought I would have children. The idea of little feet running through the house is something I want badly.

"Mr. Timberlake." She calls my name as I race back over to the counter.

"Yes." I placed my hands, wallet, and passport on the counter.

"They are allowing you to board the flight without that tag being removed for future flights. There are a couple people on the flight that are going to make sure your safe."

"Thank you. Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me." I felt a release; I felt like I could breathe again, I was going to see my wife in just a few hours.

She handed me the ticket, "Have a great flight, Mr. Timberlake."

                I ran through the terminal, going through security and checking in my bag before I finally boarded my flight. I tucked my beanie down over my head, and passed out for the entire flight.

Cameras were shoved in my face the moment I stepped off that flight. Allegations were flying high and there was nothing I could do to stop them. I really didn't think Elizabeth would run her mouth to the press but maybe I was wrong.

 

 

Melissa

 

"Justin" I felt my the words vibrate out of my vocal cords as I felt his long arms and enormous hands wrap around my body, snuggling his nose into groove of my neck.

"I'm here." He whispered, "Go back to sleep."

                I sat up quickly thinking, I had to be dreaming. There was no way that he would be here, with me, in this bed, four thousand miles away from where he was supposed to be... What if someone got in the apartment, what if... I look down and watch as he sits up straighter on the bed. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"You're here? You're actually here?" I said surprised, my heart was still racing.

"I couldn't be away. I needed to be next to you." The tears well up in his eyes, "I couldn't have you here and me there... and I couldn't have you thinking that anything that happened yesterday was true. I wanted you to know how much I love you. I wanted-"

"I believe you." I pulled in his face, kissing his forehead. "If I have learned anything being your girlfriend, then fiancé and now wife... is people are going to make up things about our life. People are going to swear to something, true or not. I have faith in my husband that he wouldn't lie to me. That's all that matters. Everyone in the world can believe what they want."

He pulled my face back close to his, "I love you." His lips on mine sent shock waves through my body, having his face transfer down to my abdomen and softly kiss my stomach sent tears down my face. "Lay back down. We all need to get our rest." I crawled back into the bed with him and slept like I hadn't before.

 

Being pregnant has for the most part been an amazing adventure for me. I was comfortable more than I was uncomfortable. Sleep was difficult sometimes but manageable. My appearance has changed dramatically very quickly. It was like I woke up one day and this swollenness just appeared. This was something I had to get used to. Being pregnant with twins does that to you I guess. Hiding a pregnancy was the worst of everything.

It was hot in NYC and I was wearing too much clothing. The central air in the apartment couldn't keep up with temperature today. I had no idea how I was going to make it from place to place today and eventually make it through two airports with the layers I had to wear to cover this up.

Staring out the window at the bright sunshine I make a decision on my own. I was done hiding it. The paparazzi aren't going to let up and they are not going anywhere.

"Good morning beautiful..." he stands behind me with his arms around my ever growing waist. "I'm not going to be able to do this for much longer." He snuggles his chin onto my shoulder.

"Thanks Justin." I dropped his hands and walked away from the window. I love the feeling of my husband making jokes at my expense.

"Mel..." he grabbed a hold of my hand swinging me around to look at him. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"

"This..." I throw my hands in air circling around my stomach, "Is a lot to get used to. I don't need those comments."

"I didn't mean that in a bad way. I find pregnancy very sexy on you. You have this glow..." he pulls me in closer, "I love you looking like this."

"I can't..." I dropped my head, hoping he would drop the conversation. I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Pulling me close to him he says, "Babe, what is wrong? Talk to me..."

"I can't hide this anymore. I want to be happy and pregnant. I want to shout it from the rooftops... I want to be the gloating wife overjoyed about the family we are about to have."

"You have never had to hide this pregnancy."

"The mess it's going to cause... I don't know which is worse."

 

He turns and takes his phone off the nightstand, strolling down lists and places the phone to his ear. "Jenny Green, please."

"Justin-" I hissed. "What are you doing?"

He ignored me, "Tell her Justin Timberlake is on the phone.... Ok... thank you..."

"Justin, we need to talk about this..." I said, wanting to have a discussion about it before this decision was made.

He pulls the phone away from his ear, "This is very simply. You do not need the pressure of hiding something as wonderful as this pregnancy."

I was relieved but at the same time, I felt the pressure. I didn't want Justin to think he had to do this. But I guess I was the one that was going to be hounded by the press for the next couple months. It had to be my decision.

He dropped the phone on the bed, "It's done. They are going to make the announcement at five, L.A. time. We should be fine getting through the Pittsburgh Airport and at your mother's before this is dropped into the hands of the entire media world."

"Thank you."

He pulls my head onto his chest, resting on his heart, "You should have said you didn't want to hide it, you didn't have to."
"I know I didn't have to but it's easier to just not comment on the situation and ignore it then to make it very well known."

"Well, you being comfortable and happy is the most important thing to me. I can handle the press. Eric and Lonnie will be joining us for the trip and will stay with us for quite a while until it calms down or the babies come first. But I'm guess we should get used to them around us twenty four-seven again."

"That's fine; I understand why they are there. I'm glad they entertain me, because otherwise I would be annoyed.

 Throwing on my adjusted William Rast jeans and a flag tank; we headed out into the streets of NYC. Everyone already knew we were expecting, and if they didn't they would when these photos hit the scene. Southern Hospitality was a must while in New York City. The warm southern food was comforting, without actually going to the south. Watching Justin drink an ice cold beer was painful. He didn't even think about when he ordered it, when he thought about it he apologized and asked the waitress to take it away. I thought that was silly. I almost had to demand that he keep it and have another if he wanted to.

Normally Justin wouldn't answer the phone while we were eating but when Johnny called four times back to back he knew there was something going on that he needed to be aware of. As I watched his face, I knew that it couldn't be good news. When he said, "Do what you think is best." I knew, without a shadow of a doubt it was not good news.

He looked at me, sad that he had to tell me something like this. "The paparazzi are camped out at the airport waiting on us."

"At JFK?" I asked feeling the nausea in my stomach about to take control.

"And in Pittsburgh, somehow they got a heads up of where we were headed."

"Are we talking a couple people with cameras? We are used to that."

He shakes his head, pressing his lips together. "No, Johnny seems to think there is a hundred here in NYC and at least fifty in Pittsburgh, just waiting."

I dropped my head down on the table, covering my face. "Damn it."

He reached across the table, taking my hand into his. "Johnny is scheduling us a private flight this evening. They will take us straight up to the plane and we won't have to worry about anything. Johnny seems to think we need the private jet."

"That's fine. It's not a big deal, a waste of money for such a short flight but its fine. Except that paparazzi will be flooding my hometown."

"Let's hope not... We haven't taken a private jet for short trips in a very long time. It just got to the point where we could at least be on a plane with others." He laughs, "It's like we are unruly or something. We're not allowed to play with others."

The waitress comes back over to our table and clears the plates and places the check down on the table, "We can just go home to L.A. I can visit my mom some other time."

"NO." he demanded, "They are not going to make us change our plans. We will deal with this as it comes."

"Can we stop the press release? I think it's going to make things worse." I picked up the check and handed there girl my credit card before Justin snatches my card and puts his down.

"We can, but I seriously think it needs to be out there. And deal with it now."

I closed my eyes, trying to think of anything better than this anxiety I feel at this moment. "Why exactly does it matter which card we use? It's the same account."

"Why are we paying anyways? We seem to have connections here."

"Justin, don't. We are paying the bill."

"Fine." He smiles before we stand to walk out of the restaurant into the mob of cameras awaiting our return to the streets of New York City.

 

 

"Justin and Melissa Timberlake are happy to announce that they are indeed expecting. The couple is overjoyed to be sharing the news at a very exciting time in their lives. When there is something else to report, there will be a statement released. Until then with respect for their safety, they ask for a level of privacy at such a joyous time for them."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story