Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry, it took me a little while to get this one up. John Doe has really consumed my attention latley. I myself am sucked into that story so anyways here is the next chapter. The next update will be soon!

 

Justin

 

                We take the alternate exit out of the doctor's office and find our car in the parking lot. Climbing in the car I feel the excitement become too much. I start to scream, then cry. I look over at Melissa who is in a complete flood of tears. We have both prepared ourselves for heartbreak, instead we are overjoyed.

"Twins." I say again.

"Twins." She says kind of shocked as well.

"Wow, I never expected that."

"Well it was always an option." She said sarcastically. "My mother is a twin, my sisters are twins, my mother had twin aunts... it's on my side of the family everywhere."

"I just... wow... I'm very excited at the idea of twins. I'm glad we walked out of that office with good news..."

"I feel like a weight has been lighted. I actually did something right."

"You always do everything right. It's just meant to be this way." I leaned across the seat to kiss her. This day couldn't get any better... then it hit me. "Oh my god. We have to get to the hospital."

"Oh shit. I totally forgot with everything that just happened... but you don't have to rush."

"Why not? Steve said it was time?"

"Have you ever waited on someone that was having a baby?"

"Well... no. I showed up for Mason just an hour before he was born."

"It could take hours, a lot of hours. I was with Anabelle all day before your flight came in."

"I remember..."

"Well, let's go driver. But be careful you have precious cargo in the car now."

"Honey, you have always been precious cargo."

                We sat in silence for a couple minutes, reflecting on the news we just got. Finally we got some good news... actually this news was beyond good. I honestly had convinced myself that it just wasn't going to happen at all for us.

                Cedar Sinai is one of those places that always have a couple photographers camped out there hoping to get some kind of story. Today would be no different. Sitting in the parking garage I see one gentleman attempting to hide, yet he forgets that his cell phone is lighting up the entire area that he is in. Real smooth.

"We need to call your mother... and mine...We should do it before we go into the hospital."

                I reached in my pocket and place my phone in her hands. "Call your mother." She has the phone in her hands and is just fidgeting with it. "Mel, is there something wrong?"

‘I just can't give her this news and take it away from her... again"

"I think she would want to hear this news from you before the world knows."

"The press has been saying I was pregnant since the moment we met. My mother doesn't believe those tabloids anymore."

"I understand but ... Mel... the doctor said it was all ok now. This is actually happening."

"I know..." she says with pain in her voice.

"I know what you're going through... really I do but I think we should run with this. Take our chances."

"I know... I'm ecstatic about everything... it's just a lot."

I take the phone out of her hand and dial the number. The phone rings... "Hello" a voice that sounds very similar to my wife's answers the line.

"Ellen. It's Justin. How are you?" I feel like I am talking to my own mother. She makes me that comfortable. I clicked on the speaker phone.

"I'm doing pretty well. How is my son doing, and my daughter?" She asks

"Were pretty amazing, we have some news to share with you..."

"Justin you know I'm not a suspense kind of person... spit it out..." he demands.

"You are just like your daughter..." I laugh. "We... we are pregnant." I blurted.

The line gets quiet, really quiet.

"Ellen?" I asked a little scared.

"I'm here..." she says with a shaky tearful voice. "I'm just so happy."

"There's more." Melissa says.

"What could be better news than that?"

"Twins." Melissa and I blurted at the same time.

"Seriously, twins? As in two babies?" She asks

"Yes, as in two babies' mother." Melissa adds.

"‘Wow." It's all she could say, she was stunned. "Oh my god. Yay!"

                I take her hand into mind and kiss her forehead. "We wanted to tell you before the possibility of the press getting a hold of the details... We really can't talk long Steve and Kia is having their baby today!"

"Make sure to send me pictures of their baby! I am so excited! Twins... two more grandchildren. I love you both... talk to you soon."

 

                               

 

Melissa

 

That man is going to make you happy for the rest of your life

                John's words start to flutter my mind. He was right, he was right about everything. That's all I could think about. Maybe it was his way of keeping a piece of him with me, or maybe he knew something we didn't at the time but I wish I could fly to him right now and tell him

 Remember the dream that you both want will come true, even after heartbreak it will eventually come true.

                I start to cry when reality sets in. He won't be there for the birth of my children. He will never get to see them grow... their first steps... their first words... They will never know one of the best men that I ever had the pleasure of knowing.

"Babe, are you okay?" Justin asks as he steps over to wrap his arms around me.

"I'm thinking about John..." I whisper in his ear.

"He was right..." he says.

"That's exactly what I was thinking about. He was right about you... he was right about the babies..."

"I miss him tremendously."

"He was an amazing man. I think I saw a lot of his qualities in you."

"Awe. If I'm even close to the man he was, I'm good with that."

                He keeps his grip around me as we stand near the back of the room waiting on the nurses to finish getting Kia adjusted in her new room. We had them move her from the one room because it was getting to much attention with Justin and I being there because we are not going anywhere. We will be here for the long haul.

"This is just like Justin to make this about him..." Steve says as he walks over to Justin and they do that typical man handshake hug thing. "How did the doctor's appointment go?"

                We both look at each other and smile, "Very well." I said.

"Mel..." Kia asked.

I rushed over to that side of the room, "Yes." I help adjust her pillow.

"Mel, stop." She is pushing me away from helping her. "I want to know what happened at the doctor's appointment today. Forget about me for a minute, I'm good."

"Let's wait till we are alone in here before I say anything." I said softly.

                Kia sits up as quickly as she can. "EVERYONE OUT!!!" She demanded. Then she added, "Please." With a smile on her face.

                Once the room cleared Justin walked over to stand next to me. "We are still pregnant. We are not only still pregnant... we are having twins!"

"Shut the fuck up!" She starts to hysterically cry. "Finally." She whispers to herself.

"Everything is fine and the babies are due on our wedding anniversary."

"What a way to celebrate five years of marriage. Pretty great!"

"I know. It's perfect." He says all cocky.

Justin interrupts by making a very loud coughing noise, "I planned it that way... it was the perfect gift."

                We all laugh at that comment. Gosh I loved that man.

                As each hour passes we get more anxious. We all wanted to meet this little bundle of joy. It's been nine long months and it was time to celebrate the birth of the new generation. Twelve grueling and painful hours later we are standing in the waiting room with most of Kia and Steve's family. The baby was going to be here any moment now and the excitement grew as each minute ticked by.

                Trace and Anabelle step off the elevator and Mason runs towards me.

"Aunt Mel!!!!" he yells.

"Hey little man." I say as he jumps into my arms. "I miss you."

"Be easy!"I say to him without even thinking that it was out loud. "I missed you to little man. What have you been up to?"

"I play with Daddy... but daddy mean."

"Ohh really." I look over at Trace who is laughing. "Do I need to have a talk with your daddy?"

"Yes." He says quickly then turns to Justin. "I want nugs! You get me nugs..."

Ananbelle quickly hears what he is saying as Justin turns and pretends to punch Mason in the stomach. "You're going to get me into trouble Mason... shhh!"

                Mason squirms to get down and starts to talk to everyone in the room. He wanted to know and see what everyone was doing.

                Trace looks at Justin and I both and said, "Why does he have to be easy? Is there some news you would like to share?"

                Justin looks over at me, smiles then turns back to Trace. "Nope. Sorry."

"Justin Randall..." he voice gets loud. "We have been friends for far too long for you to attempt to lie to me. I see right through you. SPIT IT OUT MISTER!"

"Trace this isn't the place." Justin says as he looks around to see if everyone is still staring.

Trace's face lights up and I can see that he has figured it out, "So, it's... official now?"

I nod at him and he runs over to hug me. I whisper in his year, "Twins."

He steps back quickly, "Seriously?"

I shake my head yes and walks over to Justin and he grabs a hold of him. I can still see the friendship and the love that they have had for each other over the years in their embrace. It was remarkable that he has stood by Justin through everything. I love Trace even more for being that one person Justin has always had by his side.

 

Suddenly the entire floor can hear the cry of a baby.

Kia's mother laughs and says, "That's defiantly Kia's child."

We all start laughing because she is a bit of an attention seeker if no one has noticed. She loves to have the focus all on her, but in a non-cocky kind of way. We loved her for that.

We got the ok to go back to the room and there sat Kia in bed with her baby in her arms. A tiny pink hat resting on top of her head, Kia's gorgeous hair color and Steve's blue eyes.

Kia looks at Steven then says, "Everyone... this is our daughter, Sophia."

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
btw Thanks for the reveiws. I love hearing what everone thinks about the story!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story