I pull into Josh’s driveway. I turn my car off and head up the walkway to the front door. I ring the doorbell. Josh answers the door. A grin starts in the corners of his mouth and it spreads across his whole face.

“Well?” he asks me.

“I’ll tell you if you let me in.” I said with a grin. He stood aside and let me in. I followed him to the kitchen, where he asked me if I wanted anything.

“Water’s fine, thanks.” I say. Josh gets a water bottle out of the fridge and hands it to me. He gestures to the table and we sit down.

“Well, how was it?” he asks.

“I’m now an official contracted artist. Lance is my manager.”

“Really? I knew you’d sign today, but I had no clue Lance was going to be your manager. I guess it works out better for Johnny that way. Oh! I almost forgot. I got you something for you. Hold on a sec.” Josh jumps up and heads out of the room. He came back with a box that had a lot of holes in it. He put it on the table.

“Go ahead. Open it!” he said as he sat back down. I reach up and carefully take the lid off the box. I look inside. Inside was the kitten from we were looking at two days ago when we met.

“Congrats, Melody.” Josh said, smiling at me.

“Oh my gosh! It’s the kitten! Thank you!” I reach across the table and give him a hug.

“What should I name her?” I ask as I pick her up from the box and start to cuddle it.

“I can think of a few names,” Josh said with a mischievous grin on his face. I look at the kitten.

“She looks like an Amanda to me. I think I’ll name her Amanda.” I rub her soft furry head. Josh smiles at us.

“I want the details of your meeting. What else did you discuss?” Josh says. I start giving him all the details of the meeting, including the fact that I wasn’t going to write my own songs for my first album. Josh sat there and truly listened to me. He is like no guy I have ever known. When I talk, he fully listens to me, and doesn’t have a pre-occupied mind, like all the other guys I knew in my life. When I finished, he told me that he’d be more than happy to write songs for my album, if I wanted him to. I said that sounded fine to me, and he leaned across the table and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Amanda meowed in protest, having been squashed between Josh and myself. Josh took her into his hands and started cooing at her. Amanda started to purr and rubbed her small head against him. He looked over at me.

“You learn a lot of animal stuff when you practically live with Lance and Joey for years.” he lifted Amanda up to his face. “And you are a cute one, if I do say so myself.” Amanda mewed and licked the tip of his nose, trying to lick her own. We started laughing. It was adorable.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic