When Danny called it a wrap, it was almost eight o’clock. I headed to my car and drove towards Josh’s house, hitting a fast food place on the way for some fries. I arrived at Josh’s house and saw that he was home. I got out of my car and went to his door. He opened it before I could ring. We went into the living room. I sat on the couch as Josh went to go get me something to drink. When he returned, he looked like he was trying to decide something. He handed me my drink and sat down next to me and turned on the radio. We sat in a comfortable silence for a moment.

“Babe, I know that your birthday isn’t even for another ten days, but I want you to have this now.” Josh says.

He pulled a small box out from the side of the couch. He handed the small ring box to me, and I opened it up. Inside was a silver ring with two hearts on it. The hearts had our names down the left side of them, and small stones in the upper right corner of them. I look closer and realize that they were our birthstones. Between the hearts are two little stars, so that the ring was a straight rectangle all the way around. I look over at Josh.

“It’s a promise ring. As long as you wear it, it represents our undying feelings and love for each other.”

I tried the ring on my right ring finger, and it wouldn’t fit, but it fit perfectly on my left ring finger. Josh smiled as we looked at it.

“Thanks, Josh. It’s beautiful.” I say as he leans in and kisses me. The intensity of the kiss took my breath away. When we finally broke, we both had to lean back on the couch and catch our breath. As soon as he could, Josh spoke.

“I love you, Melody.”

I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Josh, why don’t we go over to my house? I have something I want to show you.” Josh looks at me.

“What is it?” he asks.

“I can’t tell you, but I feel like I should show it to you now.” I say. Josh looks at me, confused.

“What?”

“I can’t explain, can we just go?” I begged. Josh gave in. We headed to my house where I put in the home video of my sixteenth birthday.

“I think I know you well enough to know that you have a few questions for me. I hope this will help you with some of those.” I pressed play and watched the scenes of my life almost six long years ago.

When the video ended, Josh turned to me.

“Who was that guy?” he wanted to know. I smiled sadly.

“That guy was Mike, my boyfriend at the time,” I start to explain. Josh looks expectantly at me.

“I loved him. We were together since the summer before ninth grade. We did everything together in high school. Homecoming, Prom, everything. The day before graduation, he got hit by a drunk driver, and was killed.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic