“No, they only have him on oxygen to see if he’ll come around soon.” Johnny said.
   
“Oh my god.” was all I could mutter. Josh squeezed my hand. At least he understood. I looked up at him and smiled weakly. I looked back at Justin, lying still on the bed. My mind traveled back in time, and suddenly, it wasn’t Justin lying there on the bed, it was Mike.
   
“Oh my god.” I mutter again.
   
Just then, a doctor walked into Justin’s room. He examined Justin and as he was leaving, we stopped him.
   
“He’ll be alright, won’t he?” Josh asked him.
   
“As it seems now, he will. But he should not drink alcohol anymore. I strongly recommend that he goes into Alcoholics Anonymous. Right now, we just need him to wake up. He‘s in a coma.” the doctor said.
   
Josh squeezed my hand and looked at his feet. The other guys looked at each other. Josh looked back up.
   
“Thank you.” he said.
   
The doctor left, and the rest of us just stood around looking glum. Lance broke the silence.
   
“Melody, isn’t that Jc’s shirt and pants?” he asked me. I glanced at Josh.
   
“Maybe they are, and maybe not.” I said, not fully admitting that they were. Once again, the guys all glanced at each other. I turned back to look at Justin. Once again, my mind remembered the horrible day when Mike died. I let a tear run down my cheek. I felt Josh embrace me and I started to cry into his shoulder. Josh started to rock us back and forth.
   
“Why? Why, Josh, Why?” I say in between sobs. Josh brushed my hair out of my face and looked into my eyes.
   
“I don’t know, Mel. But I do know that he will be alright. I know he will.” He whispers back. I burst into more sobs and can’t stop. I end up falling asleep clinging to him, exhausted from crying.
   
I woke up in Josh’s bed, with Josh sitting next to me, watching me sleep.
   
“What happened?” I asked groggily, propping myself up with my elbows.
   
“You cried yourself to sleep in my shoulder, so I brought you home. I had Lance help me. He stayed here for a bit while I went and fed Amanda and grabbed some of your things for you at your house. You don’t mind do you?”
   
“No, no. Thanks for feeding Amanda. I love you. You think of everything.”
   
Josh smiles. He hands me my keys.
   
“I don’t want to put them in the wrong place, and you think you lost them.” he explains. I look at them. They seem different. I find an extra key on it. I look at Josh.
   
“It’s a key to my house. I thought you would like one. I love you.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic