Two days later, I was sitting at home with Amanda when I got a phone call.
   
“He woke up.”  the voice said. I got up and left for the hospital. Everyone except Josh was there.
   
“Where’s Josh?” I asked, puzzled.
   
“I thought he was with you. I mean the two of you are almost inseparable.” Johnny answers.
   
“I tried calling him, but he didn’t answer either phone.” Lance adds.
   
“He told me last night he had some errands to do today. I think he went shopping. My birthday is in a few days.”
   
Joey walked out of Justin’s room. “Who’s next?”
   
“I’ll go.” I said. I walked into Justin’s room. Justin was lying there, staring at the ceiling.
   
“Hi Justin.” I said quietly. He turned his head and looked at me.
   
“Hi Melody. How are you?”
   
“Considerably better now that you woke up.” I held his hand. Justin looked at me.
   
“Justin, you can’t do this anymore. Please. My first boyfriend was killed by a drunk driver.” I whispered. Justin thought for a moment.
   
“The doctors say that I could have really bad liver damage if I drink anymore. They said I lucked out this time. If my ending up like this hurt you so bad, I can’t even imagine what it did to Mom and Randy.” He looked into my face.
   
“Since you mean so much to Jc, and because it means so much to you, I won’t touch another bottle or can of alcohol for the rest of my life.”
   
I looked down at him.
   
“Thank you, Justin. You have no idea how much that means to me.” We chatted about some things until my five minutes were up. I left the room. Josh was there now.
   
“Hey babe. What’s up?” I kissed him on the cheek.
   
“I got a message that Justin had woken up. Has he?”
   
“Yeah, he’s awake. I just finished talking to him.” I wrapped my arms him.
   
“So what’d yaw get me?” I asked playfully.
   
“I’m not telling you. You’ll have to see later.” Josh responded.

*    *    *
   
We spent the morning taking turns to go see Justin. Eventually we all left so he could get some rest.  I went home to think. Josh’s birthday was in 15 days, mine was in four. All Josh had told me was he had made some plans for us for my birthday, if I didn’t mind. I told him I wanted to spend some time at my mother’s house, but he could plan an evening for us. I knew the guys were throwing a surprise party for Josh, and I was the one to bring him to the arranged place. I still had to get Josh a present. I picked up my purse. I went to the mall and browsed around. I found this candle that I was pretty sure that he would love. I bought it and then got something to eat, then I went and watched a movie. When I got home, I wrapped the candle and then took a nap.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic