The day came. It was my 22nd birthday. I had woken up only to find all five guys standing over me. Chris was holding a muffin with a candle in it, Joey was holding a plate of breakfast food, Lance was holding four packages, Josh was sitting next to me on the bed, and Justin was sitting at the foot of the bed, still a little weak from his ordeal.
   
“What’s this?” I asked. Josh did a little motion with his hand, pretending to scratch his nose, and all five of them started singing “Happy Birthday” and when they got to the name part, they said “from *N Sync” instead.
   
“Aww, thank you guys.” I said as I sat up. Joey put the plate down on my lap.
   
“Joe, I know there was more bacon on the plate when I gave it to you.” Josh said. Joey looked sheepish.
   
“Sorry.” he said. We all laughed. I tried the bacon.
   
“I can see why he ate it. It’s delicious.” I said. Chris pulled out a lighter and lit the candle and then handed the muffin to me. I closed my eyes and thought for a second.
   
“ I wish that I could stay like this forever, that none of this will change.” I thought and blew out the candle. I opened my eyes and pulled the candle out of the muffin. I set the muffin aside and ate my eggs and bacon, trying to offer some to the guys. Josh only took some toast when I coaxed him into it. When I finished the eggs and bacon, I pulled off a small amount of the muffin and ate it. Then I put it aside for later. Lance handed me the presents. The first one I opened was from Chris. He gave me a new cell phone cover. Joey got me a laptop and Lance got me a thing for the laptop so I could use the internet on it. Justin gave me a stuffed cat.
   
“Thanks guys! I love them.” I turn to Josh.
   
“I don’t want to sound spoiled or anything, but where’s yours?” I asked him. He smiled.
   
“Well, some of it you will get later tonight, but you can have this now.” He handed me an envelope. I opened it and pulled out a sheet of paper. In his handwriting, he had written a poem.

Love

Love.
What is it?
People say it’s indescribable.
While I agree it’s true,
What IS love?
Is it a feeling?
Is it a thought?
Is it really attraction in disguise?
Love is warm.
Love is fuzzy.
Love is your heart speeding up at her sight.
No matter how I try,
I can’t find the words to describe how it feels
I know what love is.
It’s what I feel for you.

   
“Aww! Josh, it’s really good! I’m going to get it framed. I love you.” I faced him and kissed him. The kiss would have lasted much longer if someone hadn’t cleared his throat, reminding the two of us that we weren’t alone. I pulled away.
   
“Remember where we were,” I whispered. Josh smiled.
   
“Well guys, would you mind it if I could get dressed?” I asked. They left the room.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic