Now dressed, I headed downstairs. The guys were cleaning up my kitchen.
   
“I want it spotless. Not one speck of dust anywhere.” I said as I entered the room. The phone rang. I picked it up.

“Melody?” Johnny asked.

“Yes?” I answered.
   
“Happy Birthday.”
   
“You didn’t call me here just to say that, did you?”
   
“Not entirely. I just wanted to tell you that for the first week, Melody of Life was the number one selling album of the week. Congratulations.” Johnny managed to say before I screamed.
   
“NO WAY!! YOU’RE KIDDING ME!! MELODY OF LIFE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT WELL!!” I yelled into the phone.
   
“Well, it did. Just thought you should know. Once again, happy birthday.” Johnny hung up.
   
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” I yelled as I hung up the phone. Josh put his finger in his ear and wiggled it.
   
“I think I might be able to hear in about ten years or so.” He said.
   
“Sorry, hon. I just got some really good news. That was Johnny telling me how well Melody of Life did.” I said. Lance looked up from the sink.
   
“How well did it do?” he asked.
   
“It was the number one selling album of the week.” I say, grinning from ear to ear. Lance smiles. Chris congratulates me and then tries to hit Joey’s butt with a wet dishtowel. Joey retaliates by throwing a wet sponge at him and it ends up hitting Justin in the middle of his forehead. I duck out of the room before I get hit by something. Josh follows me out.
   
“I knew you’d do it.” he said as he put his arms around my waist. He leaned down and kissed me.

*    *    *

After the guys had left, I got ready to leave. I went to my mom’s house where she gave me a journal so I could write my feelings and thoughts in it. Jack gave me a scrapbook that he and Cindy had already started for me.  I leafed through the book. One page was titled Melody of Life. It was blank except for a cover booklet of my album. I thanked them and gave them hugs. I pull Jack aside for a moment.
   
“Sorry you couldn’t do it this time, maybe next time.” I tell him. He looks at me.
   
“We can always keep trying, but we both went in for testing, to see if there is something wrong with either of us.” He whispered back. I give him a sad look.
   
“It’ll all work out someday.” I tell him as we head back out to Mom and Cindy. We sat around and talked for a while before I headed home to get ready for my night out with Josh.
   
Josh had told me to dress up nicely, but a casual nice. I took a shower and put some hot rollers into my hair to give it some waves. I found a nice skirt and a matching top. I put them on carefully and did my makeup. I took the rollers out and finger combed them and let them be. Josh came and picked me up.
   
“Mmm babe, how am I going to keep my hands off of you tonight?”  he murmured when I opened the door.
   
“You don’t have to, you know.” I said, smiling mischievously.
   
Josh drove to one of the classiest restaurants in town, and when we went in, they asked if we had a reservation. Josh told them who we were, and they showed us to a table in a far corner. We ordered dinner, and made some small talk while we waited. At one point, Josh cleared his throat.
   
“What would you think about going public with our relationship? I’ve talked to Johnny. He said that he’s alright with it.” Josh was so nervous, he couldn’t look me in the eyes.
   
“Of course I wouldn’t mind going public, Josh! I love you!” Josh looked into my eyes.
   
“Really? You’ll have to put up with rumors and everything.”
   
“I already do, Josh. Besides, as long as we know the truth, what the rumors say doesn’t matter.” I said.
   
Josh picked up my hand and kidded the top of it. Our food arrived. We ate in almost silence, enjoying the food and each other. When we finished our meal, Josh took me to see a musical. I spent the night at his house. It was the best birthday I’ve ever had.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic