I took Josh to the prearranged meeting place for his party. Josh acted surprised, but I think the guys do this to him every year. Josh opened the presents. He smiled when he opened the candle.
   
“I know just what I can do with this.” he said and placed a kiss on my cheek.
   
“He’s still upset at me from this morning.” I think.
   
When the party was over, Josh and I headed back to his house. He went up to the front door, and then turned around and looked at me.
   
“Coming?” He asked. I took a deep breath.
   
“Maybe you’re right. Maybe moving in isn’t a good idea for us right now. I-I need some time to think about this. About us.” I got back into my car.
   
“Mel!” Josh said, starting down the steps toward my car. I started my car and pulled out of my driveway, leaving Josh there, staring after me. I went home and cried. Upset, I took off the promise ring Josh gave me the day of my video shoot. The video. I remembered the smile on Josh’s face the first time he saw it.
   
“What is wrong with me? What have I done?” Maybe I was moving too fast, but something with in me told me that moving in was the next thing to do, and that it was time to bring it up. I loved Josh. It felt natural for me to want to be with him. My phone rang, but I ignored it. I knew it was Josh. I couldn’t handle a conversation with him right now. A short time after the phone stopped ringing, the doorbell rang. I could hear Josh calling my name through the door. I went to my bedroom window and leaned out of it.
   
“I want my stuff back. All of it.” I called down to Josh. He moved back so he could see me.
   
“Melody, I love you. I wouldn’t hurt you for anything in the world.”  He called up to me. I pulled my head back into the window and closed it. Josh and I could never be what we were before. I knew that deep within me. Josh left. A little while later, the doorbell rang, and he called through the door that he was leaving my stuff there, ‘since it’s what you want’. I waited until he left to get it. The phone rang again, only this time it wasn’t Josh. It was Johnny. I let the machine get it. Josh didn’t call again that night. I didn’t realize it until later though.

I ignored everyone except Mom, Jack and Cindy. August turned into September. I missed some appearances that have been scheduled for weeks. Johnny tried to get what happened out of me by showing up at my door. I ignored him, pretending I wasn’t there. I wasn’t feeling well on top of everything else I was feeling about Josh and myself. Tired of feeling like this, I answered the door when Lance showed up.

“Melody, are you okay?” he asked as I let him in.

“No, I’m not. Josh didn’t feel the way I did, and now I feel like I’m dying. I’ve even been throwing up every morning.” I confessed.

Lance looked me over.

“I’ll be right back.” he said and he left. About ten minutes later, he was back. He handed me a brown paper bag.
   
“This is just a hunch, but I think it might be worth a try.” he said. I took the bag. I looked inside. I looked at Lance.
   
“Excuse me. Make yourself at home. You know where the fridge is if you get thirsty.” I headed up stairs to use the product in the bag. I waited for it to do what it needed to do. I was pregnant.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic