I went downstairs. Lance was still in the foyer.
   
“Come in, sit down. Do you want anything to drink?” I asked him. He followed me into the living room, but declined to sit or anything to drink.
   
“I just want to know why you just stopped talking to Jc. He came to me the night you just stopped talking to him. He told me everything. It hurt him so much that you didn’t want to try to talk it out. Melody, he loves you. All of us can see it. He’d never even have a passing thought to hurt you. What’s wrong?” he asked.
   
“Lance, I think you know what’s wrong with me as well as I do now. I need to talk to Josh about this. Would you mind if I did it in private?” I said.
   
“Of course I don’t mind if you did it in private. It should be done in private. I’ll let myself out.” he left the room and I heard the front door open and close. I picked up the phone. I stared at it for a moment. Then I dialed.
   
“Josh? It’s Melody. Could you come over to my house? I think we need to talk.” I listened as he said he’d be right over. I hung up after saying good-bye. I got up and walked to the foyer and sat on the bottom steps of the stairs. Josh arrived. I let him in.
   
“Hi.” I said.
   
“Hi.” he said back.
   
I took him into the living room where I offered him a drink. He declined and sat down on the couch. I sat down in an armchair on the other side of the couch.
   
“Josh, I’m sorry for everything. I’ve been moody and depressed since your birthday. I couldn’t explain it then, but I can now. Josh, I’m pregnant.”
   
Josh was quiet for a minute.   
   
“Are you sure?” he asked quietly.
   
“Not 100 percent. I’ve only taken a home test, though those are pretty correct.”
   
Josh put his head in his hands.
   
“Damn.”
   
“Josh, I didn’t plan on this either. But, as hard as it may seem, I still love you. I know that we’ll be able to get through this. I’m sorry I hurt you on your birthday, of all days. Do you forgive me?” My eyes teared up as I asked Josh to forgive me.
   
Josh had lifted his head during my little speech.
   
“Melody, I love you. I always will love you. It was just a shock that you were ready to move in. I didn’t know you were feeling weird. I forgive you.” Josh reached his hand out and took mine in his. I smiled weakly.
   
“I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment to see if everything is going alright.” I sniffed.
   
“That sounds like a good plan.”

*    *    *
   
Josh and I are waiting for my name to be called for the appointment. When it was called, Josh got up to come with me. I told him I was a big girl and to stay put unless someone recognized him. I went into a room where the nurse handed me a cup to pee in. I went to the bathroom and peed. I handed it to the nurse, whom left with it. I waited a little while before my doctor came in. He examined me over, and we were talking about what to expect in the coming weeks when the nurse came back in with the results. She handed them to the doctor, who looked at them, and then told me I was approximately six weeks along. I thanked the doctor, went out into the waiting room and made an appointment for the following month. Josh didn’t notice I was there until I was standing in front of him.
   
“Come on Josh. Let’s go.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic