“Melody, please, Melody, don’t go! I’m sorry I hadn’t told you. I figured you would figure that out by now. I’m sorry.” Josh called after me, since I had started to leave. I turned back around, and looked him in the eye.
    
“Why should I, Josh? Why should I stay? You should have told me what you did for a living!” I told him, angrily.

“Because if you leave, I may never have the chance to have a friend for me, and not because of my fame.  The guys are the only people I can trust outside of my family. My last girlfriend cheated on me, and I just need a friend.” Josh said with a tear in his eye. When he finished, he let it roll down his cheek. I walked up to him and wiped the tear off his face before it fell off his chin and looked into his eyes.

“I’m sorry Josh, but it does come as a shock when you find out about something like that the way I did.” I told him in a softer voice. The other guys were peeking at us through the door. I saw Lance duck his head back in the room, smiling.

“Come on Josh, you have some work to do.” I grabbed his hand and led him back into the studio. Now there was an extra man there.

“Johnny, this is Melody.” Josh says.

“There you are, JC. Nice to meet you Melody. JC, you need to get in there, NOW.” Josh went to the other side, where he stood with the other guys. Lance said something to him, and he blushed slightly. The music started, and Josh took a deep breath and started to sing with his eyes mostly closed.

“Wow. I never knew that music could consume someone that much. It’s amazing.” I breathed. Johnny looks at me.

“Those guys have what it takes. What’s up with you and JC?” he asked.

“We kind of bumped into each other yesterday, and he asked if I wanted to meet his friends, and well, here I am.” I answer as they finish the song.  Josh was the first one out of the booth.

“Which one next, Johnny?” he asked.

“We’ll do this one.” Johnny said as he hands Josh some papers.  Josh looks at them.

“We need a female counterpart for this one.” Josh said. I look at him.

“May I try it?” I ask innocently.

“Sure.” Johnny gives me a copy of the song. I look it over and start singing what was printed on the paper.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic