Before Josh and I had a chance to finish our kiss, Justin saw us.
   
“Melody! You’re here! How are you?” he called out at us. Josh and I broke apart instantly. I turned and faced Justin.
   
“Could you go get all the other guys? I might as well tell you all at the same time.” I say.
   
Justin turns back around and goes off in the other direction, yelling for the other guys. Josh and I head outside into the compound’s backyard. The speakers that played the top 40 cut out suddenly. Then we heard Justin’s voice.
   
“JOEY FATONE AND LANCE BASS I KNOW YOU’RE OUT THERE. GET BACK UP HERE. MELODY’S HERE AND SHE WANTS TO TALK TO US ALL AT THE SAME TIME.” Blares out of the speakers at top volume. Josh starts to laugh. I smile and hit him playfully.
   
“It’s not that funny.” I say as he keeps laughing.
   
“I’m not laughing at that. I’m just imagining what he would be saying on that if he knew what we had to tell them.” he said. I thought for a second and started laughing too. We stood there and watched Joey and Lance come walking up from the pond, wearing wet suits.
   
“I’ve been thinking. Do you still want to move in? Now that we know we’re expecting, it seems more natural. And besides, I don‘t want to miss any more than I already have.” Josh said, sobering up.
   
“I’d be happy to move into your house. I love you.” I said as I kissed him on the nose.
It wasn’t long before all of the guys were together.
   
“Josh and I just wanted to tell you guys something. It won’t take long.” I said. I looked at Josh for support. He squeezed my hand. I turned back to the guys.
   
“In late April, Josh and I will be welcoming our child into the world. We’re having a baby.” I said. Justin, Joey and Chris were shocked. Lance walked up to us and congratulated us. Then the other guys followed suit. When all the excitement was over, we all split up into our separate ways.
   
Josh and I drove to my house. I had gone into the utility room where I kept Amanda’s litter box and stuff. I fed her in the kitchen, but I kept her food out here. I had noticed that she hadn’t eaten her food yet, and I looked at the clock. She usually had eaten her food by now. I was looking for Amanda. The utility room was the last place to look. She wasn’t here either.
   
“Josh, Amanda’s missing.” I called out to him.
   
“What?” he called back, coming into the room with me.
   
“Amanda’s not here. I looked all over the house. She’s not here. I can’t find her. I hope she didn’t get out somehow. She’s an indoor cat.” I started to panic, imagining Amanda outside, not knowing what she had gotten herself into. Josh came over to me and started to comfort me.
   
“She’ll be fine. She’s a smart cat. If she had somehow gotten out, she’ll find her way back home.” Josh said as he held me.

*    *    *
   
Two weeks later, I was moving the last of my stuff to Josh’s house. Just before I drove off with the last load of stuff, I spotted Amanda sitting on the porch railing, looking at me. I got out of my car and went up to her, picked her up and put her into the car. I drove off to Josh’s house, feeling much better.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic