“Baby, I don’t think I really should come.” Josh was trying to get out of therapy.
   
“Damn it Josh! I need you there. Don’t you want me, the love of your life and the mother of your child to get better? I have a huge bump in the rug of my life, and I can’t get it down by myself. I need your help. I need you to help me through this. It involves you too.” I say. Josh looks down.
   
“Alright, alright. But only because it’s you. I love you.” he goes back to the magazine he was reading. We get called back to Dr. Nuttz’s office. Josh sits next to me on the couch. Dr. Nuttz comes in, apologizing for being a bit late.
   
“I’m Dr. Nuttz” he says, extending his hand at Josh.
   
“I’m Jc.” Josh says as he shakes his hand.
   
“As I’m sure Melody told you, I diagnosed her with PTSD, and recommended she does therapy. I would normally also prescribe medication, but I don’t want to put her unborn child at any risk of any number of things that the medication could do to it.”  Dr. Nuttz went on to explain what we had done last week. Then we started talking about what exactly could have triggered the PTSD.
   
“I’m almost one hundred percent positive that the pregnancy triggered this. Melody, you have overcome so much of this on your own, but when you got pregnant, all the chemicals that your body is producing interacted with your feelings, and you went backwards, so to speak. I think a college of sorts that I know well can help you much more than I can. He does hypnotherapy. I think he may be able to help you admit why you can’t seem to move on, to realize that Jc will not leave you.” He finished explaining some things that his college could do for us. Josh and I thanked him for all his help and left.
   
When we got out to the car, Josh asked me where we should go. I looked at my watch.
   
“I feel like going to the mall. It’s almost Christmas time, and I want to get a head start on my shopping.” I said. Josh smiled and put the card into his pocket. Josh started the car and drove to the mall. We decided to meet at the food court in a few hours. I wandered around. I found a bookstore and went in. I had noticed that Josh read romance novels when he had the time. I found one that looked like the ones he read and bought it. I got Justin some vanilla scented baby blue candles, figuring I was safe with the vanilla scent because that was the only scent they had for that color candle.  I bought Joey these Superman boxers I found, complete with a cape.  I also found him a limited edition Superman figurine. I got Chris a gift certificate to a candy store, and another one to a toy store, figuring that he can pick what he wants. For Lance, I got a thing that had one of those ‘As Seen On TV!’ stickers. I knew he bought things off of infomercials. I also got a frame, and had my picture taken. I was going to sign it and give it to him. He’d get the joke. Josh met me at the food court, and we realized that we didn’t want anything from there, so we left and picked up some Chinese on the way home.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic