I stretch my arms above my head and sit up in my bed. For the past two nights, I haven’t woken up calling out for Josh. We owed it to Dr. Somnus. I get out of bed, deciding to take a shower. As I head to the bathroom, I pass a full-length mirror. I pause to look at myself in it. I pull my nightie up and look at my abdomen. It doesn’t look like it used to. It looks a bit less flat. I put my nightie down and head into Josh’s room. I sit on the edge of his bed and call his name. After a few minutes, he opens his eyes.
   
“Honey, I just realized it. I’m starting to show.” It takes a minute for this to settle into his mind. He props himself up on his elbows.
   
“Really?” he asks. I nod.
   
“It isn’t much, but my belly isn’t as flat as it used to be.” I lifted my nightie up again to show him. He looks at it.
   
“I can barely see it, but I guess it doesn’t look like it used to.” he said. I stood up.
   
“I’m going back to my way to the shower. Love you.” I said as I left the room. As I shower, I hear the phone ring. I finish my shower and get out and get dressed. I head downstairs to see what Josh was doing. He was still on the phone. He hung up and looked at me.
   
“We’ve both been nominated for People’s Choice Awards. You for Best New Artist, and the guys and I for Best Duo or Group.” he said. I let out a squeal.
   
“My first real awards show! I’ve never been nominated for anything before!” I ran up to Josh and hugged him. When I settled down a bit and sat down for breakfast, I looked at Josh.
   
“Hon. I’ve been thinking. I don’t want to know the sex of the baby before it’s born. I think technology can take away from some of the best things in life. I want a surprise in the delivery room.” Josh looks at me.
   
“Okay. Let’s not learn the baby’s sex. I think that’s a good idea. Kinda romantic.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic