Josh asked me to keep the evening of Christmas Eve open. He said he had some plans for us that night. We spent the day at my mother’s house with Jack and Cindy. Near lunchtime, Jack pulled me aside in the kitchen.
   
“Cindy and I got the results back. We can’t have kids. Both of us contribute to it. I have a low count, and she has some internal problems.” he said. I felt uncomfortable, knowing I was going to have the one thing Jack really wanted. I haven’t seen him since before Josh and I found out, so he didn’t know about my pregnancy. I shifted from one foot to the other.
   
“So what are you going to do?” I asked him.
   
“We’re going to adopt, it looks like. We still want kids.” he smiled weakly. I smiled back.
   
“Well, Jack, there is something I need to tell you. I’ve been meaning to tell you for a few months, but we’ve both been busy. Please don’t get upset when I tell you.” I started.
   
“Why would I get upset over something you have to tell me?” he asked.
   
“Because I’m pregnant. I’m due in April.” I got it out there. I watched Jack for his reaction.
   
“That’s great. It really is. I’m happy for you. It’s really great.” he said. I could tell he was a bit disappointed, and maybe even a bit jealous.
   
“I’m sorry Jack. I didn’t plan for any of this. Neither did Josh. It just kind of happened. I feel really bad now because you’re the one that has been trying and can’t have one, and here I am, not totally really ready, and I’m having one. It’s not fair.” I said. Jack hugged me.
   
“I’m not mad about any of this. I’m not. I love you, sis. I really do. I just wish you told me sooner.” he said. I pulled out of his arms.
   
“It’s not something you tell everyone over the phone though. I wanted to tell you in person.” I said.

*    *    *
   
Josh and I arrived home around four. I went upstairs and showered. When I got out, I put on a nice, simple black dress, and set my hair in large rollers, so there would be just a bit of a wave in it. Only a quarter to five, I lie back on the pillows of my bed and read the book I’ve been working on. About a quarter to seven, the time Josh told me to be ready, I took the rollers out and put a bit of face powder on and some lip gloss. At seven on the dot, I open my bedroom door to see Josh standing there with a single pink rose.
   
“I’d have bought you a red one, but I know how you don’t really care for them.” he said handing me the rose. He was wearing a new black suit with a new tie.
   
“Aww. Thank you hon. you look handsome.”
   
“I don’t look half as handsome as you do beautiful.” He said, offering me his arm. I let him take my arm and lead me downstairs to the dining room. We stop outside the door, which is closed.
   
“Ready?” Josh asked me. I nodded my head. Josh swings open the door. My mouth drops open. He had taken the ordinary dining room and magically transformed it. He had a white lace tablecloth on the table, he had pulled out his best china, he had put pink, white and red candles everywhere and also had pink rose petals scattered on the table.

Josh led me to my seat and pulled out the chair for me. I sat down. Josh sits down across from me, and then pulls the cover off of the plate in the middle, revealing the dinner he cooked for us. I was speechless. Josh served us dinner, and we ate. Eventually I found my voice and we talked about things and stuff.
   
After dinner, we went into the living room and cuddled on the couch. Josh hit a button on a remote and some soothing jazz music started playing. Josh’s left hand found mine and he intertwined his fingers and mine. He brought our hands up to his mouth and kissed the back of mine. His right arm found it’s way around my waist. Josh put our hands down and untwined them. He moved his head to my neck and kissed it. He worked his way up to my ear. He stopped kissing me when he got there. He started whispering.

“I love you so much, Mel. I feel like only half a person without you. Will you help me be complete forever?”
I turned my head to look at him, and as I did, I felt something being put onto my left ring finger. I look down. On my finger was a beautiful ring. It was a larger stone, with four smaller stones on either side of it. My mouth drops open. I turn back to Josh.

“Yes..I will.” I manage to say. Josh smiles and kisses me. I bring up my newly ringed hand and cupped his cheek. When we finish, I look into his eyes.

“I love you more than my own life. I’d be proud to be your wife. I’m proud to be the mother of your child. I love you.” I said. When we went to bed, we both went to Josh’s room.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic