Josh and I woke up the next morning to Amanda walking all over us. I woke up first. Josh had one arm across his chest and the other across his stomach. I watched as Amanda pounced on his hair. His eyes opened as Amanda got ready to pounce again. I giggled as Amanda flew past my shoulder to claw at his hair. I leaned up enough to pick her up and put her on the floor. I lay back down.
   
“It’s so nice and comfortable here. I never want to get up again.” I said. Josh looked at me.
   
“Did you sleep well, Mel?”
   
“It was a very lovely night.” I say. Josh catches the double meaning. He looked at the clock.
   
“We better get going. We’re due at the compound in an hour for our group Christmas. Joey might not forgive us if we’re late.” he said. He made no notion of getting up. After a few minutes, I got up and got some breakfast and got ready to go. Josh followed suit. We headed out to the cars, and I got into mine. Josh looked at me.
   
“Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I can’t drive. Besides, when I’m huge and fat, you can drive me everywhere. Let me drive while I still can.” I say, getting in. Josh got in next to me. I started the car and pulled out of the driveway.
   
“Who are we going to tell first?” I ask a few minutes into the drive.
   
“Who do you think we should tell first?” Josh asked back.
   
“I don’t know, I’ve never been engaged before. Maybe my mom and your parents? Or should we let the guys know today?” I ask. I feel Josh look over at me.
   
“We could mean to tell our families first, but if it kind of comes out today, it could be an accident.” he said. I love him. He always comes up with the best solutions.
   
I pull into the compound and park the car. I look over at Josh.
   
“Ready?” I ask him.
   
“Yep.” he reached into the backseat and got the bag of presents. He opened the car door and got out. I opened mine and got out. I joined him at the front of the car. Josh took my hand and we walked into the compound hand in hand.
   
“YAY!! THEY’RE FINALLY HERE!!” Josh and I hear before the door is even shut. I look over at Josh. He’s laughing.
   
Joey comes running into the room and grabs the bag from Josh.
   
“Are these all for me?” he asks excitedly.
   
“No, but there MIGHT be some in there for a GOOD BOY named JOE.” I say. Joey takes the bag and runs off. Josh is still laughing. We take our coats off and follow where Joey went.
   
“Christmas sure brings out the children in some people.” Josh manages to say as we enter the room. I start laughing, capturing the slight double meaning in the look on Josh’s face as he said it.
   
Josh and I sit down on a couch together. Josh is on my left, and Diane, Lance’s mom is on my right. She has a camcorder in her hands. On the couch across from us is Lance, Johnny and Steve, Joey’s brother, also with a camcorder. On the floor at the foot of the tree are Joey and Chris. Chris is just as excited as Joey, but he has better self-control. Once we were all settled, Chris and Joey started throwing presents at us.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic