The first present that landed in my lap was from Josh. I decided to wait and do that one last. The first one I opened was from Justin. He got me a radio for the shower. Attached to it was a note.
   
‘We all sing in the shower, and none of are ashamed to admit it. There’s nothing like hearing one of your own songs on the radio, and now you can have a duet with yourself while you get ready for the day -Justin.’
   
Chris gave me a giant stuffed pug, for the baby’s room. Joey gave me some doo-wop and baby song Cds, to ‘let the baby get a great musical start‘. Johnny gave both Josh and I some gift certificates to a toy/baby store, and he gave some to Chris and Joey, but that’s because they wanted them. Lance gave Josh and me a joint gift. It just blew me away. I handed the paper to Josh. He read it over and looked up at Lance.
   
“Lance, you didn’t have to. Really. Melody and I could have done that.” he said across the room. The room went silent, waiting for Lance’s response.
   
“Jc, It’s no big deal. All of us are going to spoil that baby, and I’m really happy for the two of you.” he said, aware that everyone was listening.
   
“What’d he do?” Diane asked us, trying to read the paper in Josh’s hands.
   
“He bought all the furniture for the baby’s room for us. The crib, changing table, everything.” Josh said. Diane’s jaw dropped.
   
“James Lance Bass, you didn’t.” She said. Lance looked at his mother. She slowly shook her head, astounded at what her son had done.
   
Things picked back up a bit. The last present on my lap was Josh’s. I open it carefully to find a necklace box in it. I open the box. Inside is a beautiful pearl necklace with a heart pendant studded with small diamond chips.
   
“Oh my god, Josh. I’ll have to find a dress to match this and wear it at our wedding!” I lean over and kiss him on the cheek. He looked very pleased with himself.
   
Once again the room had gone silent.
   
“Wedding?? Did I just hear you say wedding??” Steve asked from behind the camera. I nodded and held up my left hand. Everyone crowds in to see the ring.
   
“Wow.” I hear Lance mutter from under his breath.
   
Joey stands up and slaps Josh on the shoulder.
   
“I want to wish you the best of luck, Mr. Beam.” He said with a straight face. The smile Josh had on his face vanished. Everyone else tries to hold back their laughter. I try to keep a straight face as I respond.
   
“That has a nice ring to it. Joshua Scott Beam.” I say. Josh turns to me. He sees that I’m kidding him. He shoves me gently, shaking his head as he starts to laugh. As soon as he started laughing, we all did.

*    *    *
   
That night, as we lie next to each other in his bed, I bring up the question that had been on my mind all day.
   
“What day should we get married?” I asked him.
   
“I don’t care. I want you to have the wedding of your dreams. I just want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you.” he said.
   
I thought for a moment.
   
“How about early August? Like about halfway between our birthdays? The baby will be a few months old by then, and I might have lost most of the baby weight by then too.” I say.
   
“Sounds great. I love you.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic