On New Years Eve, Josh and I went to my mom’s house before we went to the compound. Mom opened the door.
   
“Sweetie! You look more mom-like since last week. I can’t believe my baby girl is having a baby of her own.” she stepped aside and let us in. Jack and Cindy were there too, deep in discussion with each other. As soon as all of us sit down and had gotten comfortable, I looked at Josh.
   
“Mom, Jack, Cindy” I started. The three of them look at us.
   
“What?” mom asks.
   
“Josh and I got engaged last week. We’re thinking of getting married in early August.” I say.
   
Mom smiles politely. Jack looks at me, then at Josh, then at Cindy, then back at me.
   
“No way. Really? My baby sister’s getting married?” He said. I nodded. They smiled and congratulated us. Mom got up and headed to the kitchen, saying she wanted to make some hot chocolate. I got up and followed her. When we got into the kitchen, she turned to me.
   
“I know what you’re thinking, Mom. Josh and I are meant to be together. He’s the one. I love him. I love him more than I love my own life. I’d do anything for him.” I say.
   
“I know you would baby, but he is the first person you’ve dated since Mike.” she said. The name was like a slap in the face.
   
“Why are you bringing him up now? I’ve been doing great. I know Josh is my one and only. He stuck by me when I told him about Mike, and he was right there next to me when I was in therapy last month. He even took me back, no questions asked after that long hard month before we knew I was pregnant. Nobody else would do that for me.” I say.
   
“Maybe he feels obligated to stay with you now, because of the circumstances.” mom said. I almost walked up and slapped her.

“How dare you even suggest that! If Josh didn’t love me, then I never even would have been in therapy! He’s the one that suggested it. He stayed with me through it too. If he didn’t love me, he could have left me then.” I say. I turn back around and head back to my fiancée. I sit down next to him and just sit there until we leave.
   
“What was that all about back there?” Josh asked as he started my car. I knew I was too upset to drive.
   
“Mom doesn’t think we should be together. She brought up the idea that you might feel obligated to be with me ‘because of the circumstances’.” I said. Josh glanced at me.
   
“I do feel obligated to be with you.” he said.
   
“WHAT??” I screeched.
   
“I feel obligated to be with you because you’re the one I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with. I love you.” he said. I smacked him on the arm.
   
“You nimrod. I hate you. You almost gave me a coronary.” I turn and look out the window. Josh apologizes and then we drive to the rest of the way to the compound in silence.
   
“I forgive you.” I say as we get out of the car. Josh and I hung out with the guys and their dates until about a half hour until midnight, when the champagne came out. Justin and I shared a bottle of sparkling grape juice. At midnight, Josh and I kissed. This was going to be our year.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic