Josh gently shook me awake.
   
“Honey?” he whispers.
   
“What?” I ask.
   
“Johnny wants us to come in for a meeting. He said it’s not too terribly important, just work stuff.”
   
I sit up.
   
“Both of us?” I say, looking Josh over.
   
“Yeah. I don’t know what it’s about though. Come on, let’s go get it over with.” he turned and left the room. I got up and got ready to go.
   
When we arrived at Johnny’s office, we sat down.
   
“Melody, you’re looking good.” he said.
   
“Thanks.” I say, waiting to see what he wanted us for.
   
“I just wanted to tell Melody here that she’s won a People’s Choice Award. Best New Artist, I believe. And Jc, you and the guys won for Best Pop Duo/Group.”
   
I sat back in my seat, feeling somewhat amazed. Josh didn’t seem the least bit fazed.
   
“They think I’m that good?” I asked.
   
“Apparently. But we already knew that, didn’t we?” Johnny said, smiling at me, probably remembering the days when the guys were starting to get nominations and wins. Johnny looked down at the papers on his desk and became all business again.
   
“The guys will fly out a few days before the awards start, but since you two are in a bit of a situation, so to speak, I have arranged for a tour bus to take you there. It takes longer, but we don’t want to put your baby at risk, after all, you guys are all like a giant family.” Johnny says. Josh looked at him.
   
“J, thank you so much for thinking of that. I wouldn’t even have thought of something like that. You put the rest of us before anybody else. Thanks, man.” Josh said.
   
The rest of the meeting was about travel arrangements and such.
   
When the meeting ended, Josh and I went to a baby store and bought some necessities that we would need when the baby arrived. When we finished that, we headed to a fast food restaurant for lunch. I wanted fries. Josh seemed a bit hesitant about this, probably worried about the baby’s nutrition. I ordered a salad and fries, and water. Josh got a burger and fries. We drove around the coast until we found this little beach park. We went and sat at a picnic table, both of us facing the water and ate our lunch. A breeze was coming in off the water, making it a bit chilly for south Florida in January. I was glad I had brought my windbreaker, and Josh had put a long sleeve shirt on.
   
“This place seems so peaceful.” I say a little while after finishing my food. Josh took a sip of his drink and nodded. I lifted my one leg and turned so I was straddling the bench, facing Josh.
   
“I can’t believe that we’re having a baby together. Or that we’re going to get married. I love you.” I said to his profile.
   
Josh turned to me, lifting his leg up so he was also straddling the bench, facing me.
   
“It’s hard for me to even realize how my life had been before I met you. I couldn’t believe it when you said ok that night we became a couple. I can’t even process the fact that we’re having a baby together, or that we’re engaged. I feel like the luckiest man that had ever lived, and it’s all because of you. I love you, Melody. I love you more than anything else in the world.” he said. He leaned to me, and placed a kiss on my lips. Feeling happy and safe, I turned the kiss more passionate.
   
In the middle of our kiss, I felt a strange sensation in my abdomen. I pulled away from Josh. He opened his eyes and looked at me, confused. I place one of his hands on my little bump.
   
“The baby just moved.” I said, looking into his eyes, knowing mine were filled to the brim with love and wonder. Josh’s face changed as he registered this.
   
“Really?” he asked in an excited whisper. I nod.
   
I look into his eyes. I haven’t had time to sit and look into his eyes in such a long time. It was like I was looking into those deep, beautiful, serious blue eyes for the first time. My heart leaped, a feeling I haven’t allowed myself to feel in a while. I felt excitement and exhilaration rush through my body. I knew once again that I had found my soul mate, my personal angel.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic