By the time I had finished singing, all six guys were staring at me with their mouths gaping open.

“Johnny, I think we found her.” Josh says.

“Will you sing it for us?” Chris asks.

“Yeah. Why not?” I say. The guys start to smile.

“Well, Melody, it seems you have just started your singing career. That is, if you want one.” Johnny says.  

“Can we get this done yet? I want to be with someone.” Justin says. Chris turns on him and makes a big show of batting his eyes at Justin.

“But, J, we’re already together.” He says in a high-pitched voice. Everyone laughs as Justin looks upset and then starts laughing also. I enter the booth with the guys, and I stand between Josh and Justin. The engineers start the music and Justin starts his part. The guys do the chorus, then Josh does his part. After the second chorus, my part comes up. I let the music consume me as I start my part. After my main solo, I do the backup vocals during the choruses.  The song finishes.

“Perfect!” the engineer says over the speaker. We leave the booth, and the guys get their next song. Johnny sets up an appointment for me to meet him to talk legal stuff. When the guys finish for the day, Josh comes up to me and leads me back to his car. We get in to his car.

“Why didn’t you tell me you could sing like that?” he asks me.  

“Why didn’t you tell me you were famous?” I ask him back. Josh starts the car and asks me if I want to go to lunch, his treat.

“Are you asking me for a date, Mr. Chasez?” I ask him.

“Not at all. I’m only taking a friend out for lunch to celebrate her new career. That’s all.” he says with a straight face.

“If that’s the case, I grant you my consent to take me to lunch.” I say back. Josh pulls into a driveway.

“I need to get something. Do you want to come in?” he asks me.

“Sure. Are you going to show me your underwear drawer?” I ask in a straight face. Josh gets this ‘What?!?’ expression on his face as he gets out of the car.  I start laughing.

“Sorry. I just had to ask that. It was worth it. Do you think I could also be a comedian? How about my own movie?” I ask him, smiling.

“Whatever. Come on. Let’s go.” Josh said.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic