I took Josh with me to get a dress. I picked one that was full length, shimmery and a size larger than what I was wearing now. Wearing that, you couldn’t even tell I was pregnant. The dress had a great flow to it, and I just loved it. In the months that I have known Josh, I never realized how much he loved to shop. I think it might have been that he was looking at shopping with new eyes, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. He even found this one pair of heels that actually fit his feet. He was trying to walk around in them. It was adorable. I found a pair of black flats that I liked and went with the dress. I went to a doctor’s appointment, where they did the first ultrasound. Our baby was a little blur moving in a sea of blur, but it didn’t make it any less amazing.
   
The night before we leave for the award show, Josh and I are on his bed, talking.
   
“Josh?” I ask after a bit of silence.
   
“Yeah?”
   
“When did you first realize that you loved me?” I ask. Josh is quiet for a moment.
   
“I realized I was falling in love with you on our first date. I realized that I was completely head over heels in love when we were listening to the final mix of that one song that we co-wrote. I realized that I was probably the luckiest man to hear a song that I had helped write being sung by the voice of an angel. My angel.” He said. He looked over at me.
   
“How about you?”
   
“When I had told you about Mike and you still cared about me. I never dreamed anyone would want someone like me, someone who practically watched their first and only boyfriend die an untimely death. I never dreamed that someone would want to even take a second look at someone with so much emotional baggage. I realized that day that you were different. I love you.” I said. Josh was watching me.
   
“You are so crazy. Of course somebody wanted to be with you. I did. We just didn’t know each other yet. I knew I liked being with you after the day in the pet store. When you spend a whole day with someone, you get their entire image. By the end of the day, they show their true colors. I knew from that day that you obviously didn’t want to know me because you knew I had a lot of money. I knew you were honest. I knew I wanted to see you again.” I looked at him.
   
“I thought you were a cool guy, but I couldn’t bring myself to think of you or anyone, really, in a romantic sense.” I looked down at my belly.
   
“Guess you were the right one there.” I said, laughing. Josh leans over to me and kisses me. The baby starts moving again. I put Josh’s hand on my belly and press it down a little.
   
“It’s moving again, feel it?” I ask.
   
“Yeah, I actually do.” Josh whispers in amazement. He looks into my eyes.
   
“It makes everything seem so much more real to feel it. I know you can, but for me, this is the first time I can feel it. It’s really just so amazing.” he whispers into my face.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic