Josh and I awoke to the sound of his alarm. We ate a quick breakfast before we left. We loaded all our stuff onto the bus, including Amanda. I would have left her with Mom, but lately she’s been acting funny. As soon as we have some food and were ready, we leave. I went and stretched out on one of the bunks. The rocking must have lulled me to sleep, because the next thing I knew, Josh was on the bed across from me, sleeping with a book lying on his chest. I reach for my bag and get my camera out and take a picture of him like that. I look at my watch and realize it’s almost lunchtime. I get out of the bed and head to the kitchenette. I got out a can of soup and heated it up. By the time it was finished, Josh was wandering in. I offered him some soup. He shook his head no, and found some crackers to eat instead.
   
“Did you enjoy your nap?” I asked him. He nodded.
   
“Did you like yours?” he asked. I nodded. When we finished eating, we wandered to the back and found a play station, along with some games. I found Harry Potter and played it for a few hours until I was sleepy again. Amanda had disappeared on the bus. I got out some food and water for her and went and took a short nap, waking when Josh told me dinner was ready. Amanda had curled up on my stomach. I looked down at her.
   
“What’s the matter, Amanda? You’ve been acting funny for the last few months. You haven’t even eaten either in the past day. I hope you’re alright.” I picked her up carefully and placed her on my pillow. I went out to the little table to find Chinese takeout on the table, waiting to be eaten.
   
“Josh, you know you don’t have to impress me anymore.” I say, sitting down.
   
“I know. I just wanted dinner to feel like we’re more at home.” he said, sitting down across from me.
   
As we ate, we talked about what it would be like at the award show. Josh had been through this so much, it was old hat to him.
   
“Being with you for all of this, Mel, is like seeing the music industry through new eyes. It’s more exciting to me now than it was before I met you.” he said at one point. As it normally did, the conversation turned to things and stuff. We talked about our wedding, and decided on August 2nd as the big day. It was exactly halfway between our birthdays.
   
We finished dinner and watched a movie on the DVD player. When the movie finished, Josh and I headed to bed. Amanda curled up on my pillow. I drifted off into dreamless sleep.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic