The trip home was uneventful. When we arrived home, Josh got on the phone with someone. I settled Amanda back in. Josh got on the phone with someone, and it sounded like he was planning something with them. I went upstairs and crawled into my bed. I didn’t sleep here much, but I wasn’t ready to give my bed up yet. I picked up the baby name book and started reading names. I started to fantasize what it would be like after the baby was born. I couldn’t imagine how it would be. I wrote down my favorite names that I’ve read so far, and eventually drifted off to sleep.
   
As January continued, my baby belly got larger. I was quickly growing out of clothes. I also got weird cravings for food at the weirdest times. I wanted a cheeseburger for breakfast one morning, then ten minutes later I wanted a pizza. Poor Josh was going crazy trying to keep up with my moods. The guys gave up and decided to stay out of the way, after I blew up at Lance one day as we were going over some work stuff.
   
One day Jack came over.
   
“What?” I asked him.
   
“We’ve found a baby to adopt. We’re putting in the paperwork to adopt him. He’s almost a year old, but we think he’s the best one we’ve seen so far.” he said.
   
“Really? That’s great, Jack. When is the adoption going to be final? When can we meet him.
   
“The adoption may take a while, but you can meet him soon. I wanted to tell you first. My next stop is to tell Mom. Wish me luck.” Jack said as he left.
   
I went to the studio that Josh had, and we now shared. I sat at the piano and just played. I didn’t even look up until some time later when I sensed someone standing behind me. I looked up to find Cassie standing there.
   
“A social service lady contacted me today.” she said. I gestured for her to sit down. She sat next to me.
   
“She told me that someone wanted to adopt my son. I didn’t expect it to take this long. I don’t know how I feel about him being adopted now.” she said.
   
“Well, why not?” I asked her.
   
“I’ve gotten used to the idea of him being there, where I can ask for him back at anytime, I guess. If he’s adopted, I’ll never see him again. I want to be able to see him from time to time.” Cassie said. I leaned over and hugged her.
   
“It may seem weird, but I’ve missed talking to you.” she said into my shoulder.
   
“I missed talking to you too. It may seem weird, but would you like to be one of my bridesmaids?” I asked her. She sat back.
   
“You’re getting married?” she said. I showed her my left hand.
   
“Josh proposed on Christmas Eve. We’re getting married in August. I want you to be in the wedding. I feel like I never missed anything when we’re together. Must be the close age range. I like to think of you more as like the sister I never had. Is that alright with you?” I asked her.
   
Cassie got a large smile on her face.
   
“Melody! I’m so happy for the two of you! Of course I’ll be one of your bridesmaids!” she squealed. She hugged me again.
   
We talked a little while longer before she went home. That night in bed, I realized a funny thing that had happened that day. I smiled as I fell asleep.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic