January turned into February. I was faced with the decision of releasing my next single or just wait until my sophomore album was more ready to be released. The pregnancy was helping my writing, and I had many songs ready to record and some already recorded. I talked Josh into doing a duet with me on my second album, and he didn’t know it yet, but the one I was planning on using for it was going to be the poem he wrote me for my birthday last year.

When I wasn’t writing, I was busy with baby and wedding preparations. Josh and I were planning on a secret wedding, one that the media wouldn’t know about until after it happened. We were very tight lipped about any questions like that when we were in public. As far as we knew, nobody we hadn’t told personally didn’t know that we were engaged.
   
The guys were planning a tour, shorter than the ones they used to do, this one only from mid May until late July. A week before my birthday, actually.
   
Amanda’s kittens were growing fast. Josh and I decided to sell them, maybe keeping one. I had one set aside for Joey, he picked it out for his birthday. In a few more weeks, they would be ready to be taken away from Amanda.
   
Josh and I were in the nursery, getting the major stuff done. I was hanging curtains while Josh was working on the walls. He was sanding them down and painting them pastel colors. I didn’t want an all pink or all blue room, and end up with the wrong gender. So we decided that a pastel rainbow of sorts would look cool. I was getting ready to hang up some curtains when I felt the baby move, only it felt more concentrated, like it was pushing against the wall of my womb. I dropped the curtains and placed my hands where I felt it. Josh looked over at me.
   
“Are you alright, Mel?” he called over to me, with a hint of worry in his voice.
   
I look over at him. He’s covered in paint splotches, and he was holding a paint roller. I started to laugh. Josh starts to look puzzled.
   
“The baby just kicked.” I managed to say between fits of laughter.
   
“So why are you laughing?” Josh asked me.
   
“I don’t know. I just looked at you and had to laugh.” I say. The baby kicks again.
   
“Come over here and feel it.” Josh puts the roller down and makes his way over to me. He puts his hand where I tell him to. The baby kicks again. Josh’s face turns to amazement.
   
“It’s so hard to believe that there’s a human being in there. Life is so amazing.” he looks into my eyes.
   
“I feel so blessed and lucky that I have found the one person that would do this for me, for us. I can’t believe how more beautiful she gets everyday. I find it harder to remember how I ever lived without her. I love you, Melody.” he said.
   
“I love you too, Josh.”
   
Josh leans in and places a kiss on my lips. I kiss him back, and we stay embraced for what seems like a long time. We eventually go back to work on the room, getting ready for the baby’s arrival.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic