After a month and a half of the strict bed rest, my doctor gave us the good news that I was allowed to be up and about for up to an hour. Josh had finished up the nursery for me, and we were ready for the baby’s arrival. We had names picked out, and were waiting to see what we were going to have.
   
The fist day I was allowed to be up for an hour was looking like it would be a nice April day. I got out of bed to stretch and to go to the bathroom. I went to the window and stood there, looking out it into the beautiful morning, when I felt a mild discomfort, and felt an oozing sensation, and looked down to see a clear liquid flowing out from between my legs. I waddled over to the bed.
   
“Josh! Wake up!” I say, trying to shake him awake. Josh rolls over and opens one eye.
   
“What?” he says.
   
“My water just broke.” I say. Josh opens both eyes.
   
“Really?” he says, sitting up.
   
“Yes. Come on, get dressed and let’s go.” I grab a pair of flip-flops and put them on. Josh pulls some clothes on. He grabs the bag of clothes we had packed the week before. Josh threw a towel on the floor to mop up the fluid on the carpet. Josh dove us to the hospital where we checked in. They took me up the maternity floor and put me into a delivery room. Pretty soon, my doctor was in checking me over. She said that it would be a little while before anything happens. Josh went out and made some phone calls. Pretty soon, the guys start arriving to wish me luck. Jack was on duty, so he stopped in and then Mom came in to see me. It seemed like an eternity, but also, in some weird paradox, time seemed to fly by really fast. Soon I was breaking Josh’s hand as he held mine while I pushed. I found a strength in my body that I never knew I had. After one last gigantic push, Josh and I heard a baby’s cry. I lie back, knowing that was the cry of my own child. The nurse called out the time. My doctor looked up at Josh and me.
   
“You have a very beautiful baby girl. Ten fingers, ten toes, and an awesome set of lungs, as you heard.”
   
Josh kissed my forehead as I was handed our daughter. I looked down at my daughter for the first time. She was so beautiful. She had a feminine version of Josh’s nose, my lips, and our eyes. The top of her small head had a fine covering of dark brown hair. As I held her, she opened her eyes and looked up at me. They were the same shade as both Josh and mine.
   
“Welcome to the world, sweetie. Happy birthday.” Josh leaned over and kissed her on her forehead.
   
“I love you, my sweet little daughter.” he whispered to her. The nurse came over and asked us what we were going to name her. Josh gave the nurse my favorite name that we had picked out. The nurse took her from me and cleaned her up a bit. She also put the ankle tag on her. My doctor finished up with the afterbirth procedure, and told me that I would be taken to a private room shortly. She congratulated us and left. Josh stayed with me for a few more minutes before he went out to the waiting room and announced the arrival of our daughter to the guys and my mother.
   
After a few hours, I was ready for visitors and everyone came in, carrying gifts and stuff for the baby and us.
   
“So, what did you guys name her?” Mom asked me. I looked over at Josh.
   
“You didn’t tell them?” I said.
   
“I figured you could do that. I told them she was here.” He said. Just then, they wheeled her into the room for a feeding.
   
“Guys, I want you all to meet Arabella Madison Chasez.” I said.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic