Josh and I got walked down the aisle and to the beach not too far from where we were. We were going to let everyone else head to the reception first, and then arrive by limo. I took my shoes off and pulled up the hem of my dress and stepped into the lapping water. Josh took his shoes off and pulled up his pant legs and joined me. We stood there for a moment, looking out at sea together.
   
“You never told me why you chose this place for our wedding.” Josh said after a few moments. I turn to face him.
   
“Remember that day when we came here to eat lunch?” I asked him. Josh thought for a moment.
   
“Yeah.” he said, kind of slow.
   
“It was the first time Arabella moved. I remember how much more real everything seemed that day, and I wanted our wedding to reflect those feelings. Everything seems brand new when I’m with you. I love you.” I said. Josh took my hand.
   
“I love you too, my sweet Melody. You are the music of my life.” he said. We stood there for a few more minutes and then headed to the limo. The ride to the reception seems to speed by. I look at my new ring, thinking of what it meant. I kissed Josh before we got out of the limo.
   
“What was that for?” he asked me.
   
“Just to show you how much I love you, Mr. Chasez.” I said. Josh smiles.
   
“I love you too, Mrs. Chasez.” he says back.
   
I had the great idea a few months before that instead of a normal book for the guests to sign, we would put a bunch of Cds out that had mixes of love songs on them, and the guests would pick one out and sign a message on them. It seemed to be a big hit, we got many comments on the idea. I didn’t feel like ending up with some food I didn’t want, so we had a buffet dinner featuring a lot of our favorite foods, there was a lot of Chinese food and a huge dessert buffet. I had insisted on no alcohol, so we had coffee, tea and pop to drink.
   
When the dinner part was finally over, it came time to dance. I was waiting for the DJ to put on the song Josh and I had chosen to dance to first. Instead of a recorded disk of it though, I heard it come on live. I turned to see Lance, Chris, Joey and Justin on stage with a keyboardist, a guitarist and someone with a harmonica. They started the song, and the DJ announced the dance for Josh and I. The guys started singing our song, which was one of theirs anyways. Josh smiled as we took the dance floor, and started to dance. When his part of the song came on, he sang it softly into my ear. By the end of the song, I had tears running down my face. I never expected that to happen. I looked at Josh when it was over and the DJ started playing recorded songs.
   
“You are completely amazing. I never saw that coming. I love you.” I said, resting my head on his shoulder. Josh kissed the top of my head.
   
Later that evening, I stood up at the mike and surprised Josh. I had talked Lance into singing what will be Josh’s part, and I got up there and sang the song that I had written from his poem to him. Josh loved it.
   
Near midnight, Josh and I left to start our two week long honeymoon. I had thrown my bouquet, and Cassie had caught it. Josh had done the garter thing, but he found it hilarious that I had taken it off before he got to it. He found it in my shoe. When he had thrown it, Joey was the one that had caught it.  In the limo on the way to the airport, Josh looked at me.
   
“I can’t believe it. We’re married. I love you so much, Mel.” he said. I looked over at him.
   
“I can’t believe it either. I love you too, Josh.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic