As my album was almost ready and Josh had just started his, I had more time with Arabella. I started to feel a bit lonely when Josh would lock himself in the studio for hours on end. I took to hanging out with the guys more, especially Lance, since we had a lot of business stuff to take care of. He was over at the house a lot.
   
“How come Stacy hasn’t had any kids yet? You’re such a great uncle to Bella.” I said to him one day while Arabella was napping and I was doing the dishes.
   
“I don’t know.” Lance said, with a note of finality in his voice.
   
“Well, how about you? Any plans at all?” I ask.
   
“I want my own kids, but only when I meet the right one.” he said, placing the clean dishes in the cupboard.
   
“Any prospects yet?” I asked innocently. Of all the guys, Lance is the only one who hasn’t had a girlfriend the entire time I’ve known him.
   
“Well, there is this one, but she‘s unattainable.” he said.
   
“Really? Do I know her?” I ask, turning to face him.
   
“You just might.” Lance said as he walked over to me. He looked into my eyes and then leans down and places a gentile kiss on my cheek. He straightens up and looks into my eyes for another minute. Then he turns and says he had to go and leaves.
   
Still in shock, I reach up and touch where he kissed me. The realization hits me. Lance was in love with me. It was unbelievable. I was still standing in the same position when Josh came into the kitchen.
   
“Mel, are you alright? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.”
   
Shocked out of my shock by the sound of his voice, I spin around and continue the dishes. I hear Josh sigh and walk across the room. I hear the fridge door open and close, and then footsteps back out. I finish the dishes and head upstairs and check on my daughter. Seeing that she was still asleep, I head to our bedroom. I start crying as I lock the door and sit on my side of the bed. I suddenly felt all alone. I’ve been married a bit more than a month, and my husband seems to be in a parallel universe, and on top of that, one of his best friends was in love with me. I just sit there and let the tears come.
   
Hours later, I hear a knocking on the door.
   
“What?” I called through the door.
   
“Mel, honey, what’s wrong?” Josh’s voice comes through the door. I dry my tears and open the door.
   
“Nothing’s wrong. What do you want?” I ask.
   
“I wanted to make sure you were alright, and I want you to hear something.” he takes my hand and leads me to the studio.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic