I listened to the song Josh played, but before he finished, I was running back up to our room in fresh tears.
   
“Poor Josh,” I thought, “He has no clue that our entire world has crumbled into pieces today.”  I shut the door to our room. It wasn’t long before I heard the knock I was expecting.
   
“Melody, what’s wrong? I thought you had work to do today with Lance.” at the sound of Lance’s name, I started up with more sobbing. Josh must have heard it through the door because he started to plead with me to let him in. He finally gave up and it was quiet on the other side of the door.
   
At some point, there was more knocking on the door.
   
“Melody, what’s wrong, sweetie?” Mom called through the door. I heard Josh and Mom talking muffled on the other side of the door. I get up and open the door. Mom and Josh come walking in. I sit back down on the bed, and they sat on either side of me.
   
“Mel, I know something is bothering you. Are you pregnant?” Josh asked me. I shook my head no and started with more tears. Mom stroked my hand.
   
When I managed to stop crying so hard, I asked to be alone with Mom. Josh got up and left, closing the door. I leaned up against Mom and she stroked my hair.
   
“He really loves you Melody.” Mom said, thinking that was what I needed to hear.
   
“I know Mom. So does Lance.” I managed to say. Mom stopped stroking my hair.
   
“What makes you say that?” she asked me.
   
“Because he kissed me today. He didn’t say it, but the look in his eyes said it all. Lance is in love with me.” I started crying all over again.
   
“Well, honey, I hope he doesn’t, but I think you should tell Josh all the same.” Mom said. I knew she was right. I took a few more minutes and then stood up. I left our room and went to find my husband. I found him in Arabella’s room.
   
“I think we need to talk.” I said looking down at him sitting in the rocking chair. He looked up at me.
   
“I think so too.” he said. I took a breath and told him how I had been feeling, and what had happened today in the kitchen, finishing with how I felt about Josh.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic