“I can’t believe it. I jumped to conclusions. But I was so sure by the way you had acted. I’m sorry my husband gave you a black eye. I’ve never seen him so mad before. I thought he was going to kill you.” I said to Lance.
   
“Melody, It’s ok. Remember the day I came by your house and I told you how much he loved you? Now you’ve seen it for yourself.” he says, and gives a short laugh.
   
Mom comes in the front door with Bella and some groceries. She raises one eyebrow when she sees Lance sitting next to me. Lance jumps up and takes the groceries from her hand. I get up and take Bella. Lance put the groceries on the kitchen counter and then excuses himself and leaves.
   
“It’s ok Mom.” I say when she turns to me. I start putting the groceries away as Mom sits down.
   
“What was all that about, sweetie?” she asks me. I turn to her.
   
“Lance realized that he had met the girl of his dreams last month, and it’s someone I know really well. He’s not in love with me.” I was about to tell her who it was, but there was a knock on the door. Mom got up and answered it. She came back in, followed by Josh.
   
“What the hell was that bastard doing here earlier? I was going to come back and tell you that you could come back home when I saw his car in the driveway.”
   
“You know what? I told you to not lay a hand on him, and he has a black eye. I did something you obviously can’t do when you’re mad. I listened to him. If you had listened to him, you wouldn’t have punched him.”
   
“Why not?” Josh wanted to know.
   
“He’s not in love with me, Josh. He’s in love with Cassie.” I told him.
   
Josh did a double take.
   
“What?” he said.
   
“He had met Cassie a long time ago, and he realized at our wedding that he was falling in love with her. That’s why he’s been over so much. He’s been hoping Cassie comes by.” I said.
   
“Then why did he kiss you?” Josh wanted to know.
   
“Because I’m the one that introduced him to the love of his life. He wanted to thank me, but he didn’t know how, and he did the wrong thing, that’s all.” I said. Josh sat down next to Mom as he absorbed all this.
   
“So I punched him for no reason. I told him to stay away from you for no reason.” He muttered. He looked up at me.
   
“Will you come back home tonight?” he asked me. I looked at him.
   
“Josh, I’m sorry, but I don’t think I could live with you right now, knowing you beat up my boss. I’ve been feeling like you’ve been ignoring me since we came back from our honeymoon and you started on your album.” I turned away from him.
   
“I won’t come home until Lance’s black eye is gone.” I said, tears welling up in my eyes.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic