Time seemed to speed by. Lance thought the whole situation was funny, in a morbid sense. He had to stop by so Josh could see his eye. Lance had to see me everyday because we had the last minute stuff on my new album to do.
   
The day before Baby Blues was released, Lance’s eye was completely healed. I packed up my stuff and headed home to surprise Josh. I pulled into our driveway and walked into the house. I was the one in for a surprise. Josh was on the couch with none other than Cassie! It looked as though they were having an intimate moment, with Cassie curled up and Josh hugging her. As the master of good timing, Arabella decided to give out a coo as she recognized her daddy. Josh and Cassie both looked up at me.
   
“Josh? Why?” I managed to ask as my eyes filled up with tears. I turned back around and headed back to my car. I strapped Bella back in and got in the driver’s seat and started the car and drove away. I drove around, not paying any attention to where I was going until I found myself parking and getting out of the car with Arabella. I placed Bella on the picnic table and sat on the bench, angling myself so that I could see a certain gazebo with a backdrop of ocean.
   
Has it really been only two months since I stood on that gazebo and promised that I would love and cherish Josh for the rest of my life? He had promised the same thing. I looked down at my wedding ring. I was going to take it off when I heard a voice calling my name. Arabella looks toward the origin of the voice and bursts out into a smile. I soon hear Josh right behind me.
   
“Melody. Please let me explain.” he puts his hand on my shoulder.
   
“You realize this is where we were when Arabella first moved?” I asked him. Josh came around me and sat on the bench facing me.
   
“Let me start this by saying that you are my meant to be. You are the fire of my heart. I love you. Cassie came by this morning looking for you. Her parents have finally kicked her out once and for all. I guess her boyfriend upset them and now they want nothing to do with her. She felt like there was nowhere else to go. I felt like the least I could do was let her cry.” he said, looking into my face.
   
“Josh, I want to believe you so much.” I said when he finished.
   
“Then do, because it’s the truth.” Cassie said from behind me.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic