“Thank you so much for letting me stay here.” Cassie says as I show her a bedroom.

“It really is no problem at all.” I tell her. Cassie gets situated and heads to the bathroom. My doorbell rings. I answer it and there on the doorstep is Jack. I let him in.  

“Thanks Jack. It means a lot to me that you came by. I don’t know what else to do or who else to call.

“It’s fine, Melody. I’m happy I’m the one you called. Where is this girl?” Jack asked me.

“She’s upstairs in the bathroom.” I tell Jack. We head up there and wait for her to come out. When she opens the door, she looks frightened.

“Cassie, this is Jack, my brother. He’s an OB/GYN. He can help both of us through this.” I tell her.

“All I want to know is what this mess is.” Cassie says. She is standing in a puddle of clear liquid. Jack takes one look at it.

“Your water broke. You’re in labor.” he says. We both look at him.

“What?!?” we both say in unison.     

“I’ll take her to the hospital.” Jack says.

“Melody, will you come with me?” Cassie asks.

“Sure, Cassie. I’ll come.” I tell her. We all pile into Jack’s car, with Jack driving. We reach the local hospital in a few minutes. As Cassie is signing in, I call Josh.

“Cassie’s in labor.” I tell him.

“Where are you? I’ll be right there.” Josh says. I tell him and we hang up. I go back with Cassie and she is put into a delivery room.  Soon, she is ready to birth. Jack had taken her case since she didn’t have a doctor. Jack let me stay with Cassie, and I helped her by holding her hand while she pushed. Soon a baby’s cry came into the room. Jack looked up at us.

“It’s a boy!” he says. He hands the baby to Cassie, who looks at it.

“Hi there, little one. This is the only time you get to see me. I have to give you up for adoption. I can’t care for you, I don’t have a house to live in, really. This is your Aunt Melody, though.” I smile as she coos at her baby. After awhile, I head out into the waiting room where I know Josh is waiting.  

“How is she?” he asks.

“It’s a boy, and she’s putting it up for adoption. I told her she can stay with me while she recuperates from this.” I tell him. Josh looks at me.

“You are so amazing. I met you yesterday and look at how you are with my neighbor. You helped her through a tough time in her life. I never met anyone like you at all.”     

I smiled at what he said. We both went to see Cassie and her son. She was feeding him, and she let us hold him. I held him and faced Josh.

“He’s so adorable! It kind of makes me want my own.” I say.
Josh mumbles something under his breath. I look up at him and asked him what he said.

“Nothing. Cassie, can we take him for a walk?”

“Sure. Do whatever you want to. I need a nap anyways.” she said.

Josh and I took Cassie’s son for a walk around the floor. Many nurses stopped by to look at him and congratulated us on her. I looked at Josh after this had happened a few times.     

“Mind if we go somewhere with less people?” I ask him. We end up saying good-bye to Cassie and headed to Josh’s car so he could take me home. In the elevator, we talked. When I was telling him about how I have always wanted my own children, Josh leaned into me and kissed me. On the lips.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic