I put the finishing touches on my makeup. I was wearing a baby blue knee length dress.
   
“Are you ready up there yet? We’re going to be late to your release party.” Josh called up to me.
   
“I’m coming!” I called as I headed out towards him. Josh was standing at the front door with Cassie.
   
“Didn’t you wear that to your album shoot today?” I asked him. He was wearing his beat up old boots, a pair of beat up and embezzled tan pants, a white shirt and his black double zipper jacket.
   
“I just got home. Come on, let’s go.” we headed over to the party.
   
Just like the last time, there were posters of my album cover all over the place. Josh, having been busy with his album, didn’t know what I had named mine, or see the cover for it. I was quite proud of the cover. I had taken a close up picture of my eyes, and one of Josh’s eyes. The cover was a perfect blend of our eyes. It was my right eye and Josh’s left eye. It was kind of eerie. I heard Cassie suck in a breath.
   
“Did you have the eye color changed to do that?” she asked me. I smiled.
   
“No, that is our natural eye colors.” they were a perfect match. I looked at Josh to see what his reaction was. He couldn’t take his eyes off of it.
   
“It almost looks like we’re looking at Bella’s face.” He said when he noticed me looking at him.
   
“No, there are slight differences. There’s a close up of her eyes in the booklet.” I said, looking at him. He looked at me.
   
“Really?” he asked. I nodded.
   
Lance chose that moment to swoop in on us.
   
“Hi Melody. What up, Jc? Who is this lovely vision?” He asked us. Although he already knew who it was, Lance and Cassie had never met formally. Cassie looked a bit taken by him.
   
“Lance, this is Cassie. Cassie this is -” I started.
   
“Lance Bass, right?” Cassie finished, offering Lance her hand.
   
“Yeah. I work with Melody and Jc.” he said.
   
“I saw you at their wedding.” Cassie said.
   
“So did I.” Lance said, with the edge of hidden meaning in his voice.
   
Josh and I left Lance and Cassie to talk. Maybe they would hit it off. Josh and I had fun at the party, but headed home early. Cassie had stopped by and said that Lance was going to bring her to my mother’s house, where she was staying. Josh and I lied in bed that night talking. The next thing I knew it was morning, and Josh was snoring in my ear, his arms still around me. I got up and headed over to Mom’s to pick up Bella. Mom opened the door before I could get my key in the hole.

“Oh, it’s only you Melody.” she said. She had a worried look on her face.
   
“What’s wrong, Mom?” I asked her.
   
“Cassie didn’t make it back last night.” She said.
   
“But she was with Lance last night. He wouldn’t do anything wrong.” I said.
   
“That’s what worries me. Lance didn’t make it home either.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic