Josh didn’t lock himself in the studio as much. He was starting to gear up for the marketing part of the album making.
   
Lance’s nose healed nicely, although it did take some getting used to at first. He and Josh were trying to work their way though their problems. I had told him that he must really love Cassie to go through what he has just to be with her. He and Cassie seemed inseparable.

As Arabella turned six months old, my body decided that it was time to go back to normal. I was miserable during my signing tour. I called home every night and for a few precious moments, I talked to my daughter, and to my husband. It helped me sleep knowing that everything was alright at home. I was glad that Josh had decided to come with me on my first country wide tour, coming up after thanksgiving.
   
One night, Josh sounded a bit different on the phone.
   
“Josh. Something is up with you. What is it?”
   
“I came up with a title for my album.” he said. No amount of pestering could get him to tell me what it was though. When he hung up to go to bed, I sighed and thought that the next few weeks couldn’t go by fast enough. I wanted to be home.

*    *    *
   
I was finally home. As I walked into the kitchen, Josh was pulling a pie out of the oven.
Arabella was sitting in her high chair, playing with a rattle and my old set of keys.
   
“I’m home.” I said, standing in the doorway. Arabella looks up at the sound of my voice and starts to gurgle her hello. Josh put the pie on the sink divider and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.
   
“I’ve missed you.”
   
“I missed you too. Johnny came up with the idea that I do a Christmas album.” I said, looking up into those beautiful blue eyes.
   
“What do you think?” he asked me.   
   
“Maybe next year. It’s too late for it this year.” I say. He squeezes me tighter to him.
   
“Sounds cool.” he says as he lets me go.
   
I head over to my beautiful daughter and picked her up. Amanda rubbed against my ankle. I said hello to her and look my baby girl over. I hug her close and start singing “Love” to her quietly. Josh surprises me and joins in with his part. Arabella relaxes against my arms, tired from all the excitement, and happy that I’m home. I headed into the living room and sit on the couch and cuddle with Bella. Josh joins us. It was very cozy there, just the three of us.
   
“Josh?” I ask, breaking the silence.
   
“Yes, hon?” he answers.
   
“What do you think of making “Love” my next single? We could release it together.”
   
“Mel, that is such a great Idea. I love you. I feel so blessed that I have you in my life. I feel so privileged that you turned my poem for you into a song for us to both sing.” he said, leaning forward the little bit and kissing my cheek.
   
“I love you too, Josh.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic