The following day, Josh went to the airport and picked up his family. We had invited both sets of family to our house for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. When Josh returned home with them, Karen picked up Bella.
   
“There’s my favorite granddaughter!” she said, cuddling her.
   
“Mom, she’s your only grandchild.” Josh said, putting down the suitcases he brought in.
   
“She may be right now, but I hope to have many more to spoil.” she said. I glanced over at Josh. He was glancing at Tyler and Heather. Then he glanced at me.
   
“Well Mom, that won’t be for a little while.” I say. Karen looks at me.
   
“Why not?” she asks me.
   
“Well, Josh and I have our careers to think about, and we want to enjoy Arabella while she’s still this young.” I say.
   
“That reminds me. I listened to your new album. You did a beautiful job honey. I really liked the one the two of you sang together. It was beautiful.”
   
“That was a poem that Josh wrote me for my birthday last year.” I say.
   
We got his family settled in.
   
On Thanksgiving, I got up early and put the turkey in the oven. A few hours later, Mom arrived, followed by Jack, Cindy and Ethan. Josh had gotten up and was wearing some sweats and sat down and watched the parade. Roy, Tyler and Jack joined him. I had strapped Arabella into her high chair and gave her some graham crackers to chew on.
   
“Well, it is nice to know that I didn’t marry an alien. At least he watches football on Thanksgiving.” I comment while mashing the potatoes.
   
“Oh he is such a big Redskins fan.” Karen added. The doorbell rang. I made Josh go and get it. He came into the kitchen followed by Cassie.
   
“Melody, I need to talk to you.” she said. She looked like she had been crying. I look over at Mom. She nodded and came over and took over the potatoes. I took Cassie into the studio.
   
“What’s wrong?” I ask her after we sit down.
   
“I need to talk to someone about Todd.” she said. I drew in a breath.
   
“Is he still following you?” I asked. She shook her head no.
   
“This is about what happened when we were together.” she said. She took a deep breath, trying to settle herself to tell me what she was going to say.
   
“He raped me.” she finally said. I felt stunned.
   
“He what?” I asked.
   
“I never wanted to have sex with him. He would slip alcohol into my drinks and get me drunk and when I was too drunk to stop him, he’d rape me.” she said. I shook slowly.
   
“Does anybody else know about this?” I ask her.
   
“No, just you. But this isn’t all of it. I’m pregnant again. It must have happened the last time Todd raped me.” she said, starting to cry.
   
“Oh honey. I’m so sorry.” I said and wrapped my arms around her. She sobbed into my shoulder.
   
“I think you should tell Lance this though. He loves you.” I said when she quieted down a bit.
   
“I-I-I know. H-he left for M-M-M-Mississippi yesterday to be with his family today. I couldn’t tell him before he left and r-r-ruin his holiday.” she managed between the sobs that came more frequent again.
   
“I’m here for you, Cass. I’ll help you through this.” I said, stroking her hair.
   
“Y-You mean it?” she said, looking up at me.
   
“Of course I do. You’re my best friend.”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic