Thanksgiving dinner had a certain weirdness to the air. Cassie had joined us, and I think that is what helped contribute to it. When dinner was done, the guys headed back to the couch. We let Cassie do the dishes while we did everything else. She started crying uncontrollably. I went over to her and hugged her. She cried into my shoulder again.
   
“You really should tell Lance. He’ll be understanding.” I whisper into her ear.
   
“You really think so?” She asked back.
   
“I know so. Look at what he’s been through just to be with you. He went through two attacks and a nose job and he’s trying to get back on track with Josh.” Cassie stopped crying long enough to realize what I was saying.
   
“He had a fight with Jc?” She asked. I smiled.
   
“For a short while there, we thought he was in love with me. Josh went off the deep end and gave Lance a black eye.” I said. I started leading Cassie upstairs.
   
“Really? He never told me that.” she said.
   
“Oh yeah. I’ve never seen Josh so mad about anything.” I helped her into my bed, and told her to go ahead and sleep.
   
When I had gotten back to the kitchen, it was clean. I sat down at the table and sighed.
   
“Well, at least the food was edible. Thanks guys for all your help.” I said.
   
“Oh Melody, it’s no problem.” Mom said. I sat there thinking how funny it was that both Ethan and Cassie were at the same table for so long and she never caught on to the fact that her son was there.
   
Eventually Mom, Jack, Cindy and Ethan left. I got up and joined Josh, Roy and Tyler on the couch with Arabella. Karen and Heather had gone to bed. The game ended and Josh’s dad and brother went to bed. Arabella was sleeping in my arms.
   
“Honey, you’re going to have to sleep on the couch tonight. Cassie’s sleeping in our bed.”
   
“What’s wrong with her?” Josh asked me.
   
“It’s not anything I can tell you, at least, not yet.” I said, slowly stroking Bella’s hair. I look over at Josh.
   
“We leave the day after tomorrow anyways for my tour.” Josh smiled.
   
“I’m so happy you’re not doing an extravaganza like we would be doing.” he said.
   
“I’m happy that you’re going to be my opening act. I need someone like you to launch me into fame.” I said.
   
“Oh ha ha. Look who’s so funny now.” he looked over at me and Bella.
   
“I feel so lucky to have the two of you in my life. I love you. I appreciate what you have been through for us, for me. You carried our daughter for nine months and gave her life. I’m forever in your debt.” he said.
   
“I love you too, Josh. I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. I wouldn’t change a thing. Especially you. I love you.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic