Josh’s family left the next afternoon. I had stayed home and packed while he took them to the airport. He returned home and helped me pack.
   
“Are you going to be able to keep working while we’re on the road?” I asked him.
   
“Oh yeah. All I have to do is a few more marketing things with it.” he said.
   
“Are you ever going to tell me what you’re calling it?” I asked him.
   
“Maybe.” he said. I threw a sock at him. It bounced off his head and landed on the floor. On the baby monitor, there was a cry. We stopped laughing and listened. I looked at the clock.
   
“She’s got some time before her snack. We better finish packing.” I said as I finished packing my suitcase. I went to get Arabella and give her mid-afternoon snack. She looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes. She reached up and pulled my hair really hard.
   
“Ow! That hurt Bella!” I said. She smiled from below the bottle.
   
“I bet you don’t do that to Daddy.” I said to her. Her grin got bigger.
   
“Do what?” Josh asked, poking his head into the room.
   
“Pull handfuls of hair out. If she keeps this up, I’ll be bald within the next year.” I said. Josh chuckled.
   
“Well, you’d still be beautiful.” he said. I threw him a look. He ducked out of the room. When Bella finished her snack, I packed up her essentials and got her ready to leave the next morning.
   
We left early the next morning. Mom was taking care of Amanda for us. After lunch, I stretched out on my bunk. Josh stretched out on his with Arabella. The next thing I knew, it was dark out. Josh was sleeping on his bunk with Bella in his arms. I smiled and settled myself in to watch a movie in the back of the bus. After a while, Josh had gotten up and joined me.
   
“Your hair is getting long.” I said, looking at him.
   
“You don’t like it, do you?” he asked me.
   
“I think it makes you sexier. I like it.” I say.
   
“Really?”
   
“Oooh baby yes!” I said in my sexiest voice. Josh shakes his head.
   
“I’m hungry.” I say.
   
“Well, what do you want?” he asks me.
   
“Ice cream.” I say.
   
“For dinner?”
   
“Yep.” I say. Josh gets up and talks to the driver. We stop at a Dairy Queen. He gets a chicken strip basket and I get a banana split. I take a small little spoonful and give some to Arabella. She mashes it in her mouth, her face screwed up in whether she likes it or not. Josh took a picture of her. She eventually spits it back out. She got restless and we took her to the adaptable crib we had brought for her. Once she was asleep, Josh and I went to the back to enjoy some quality time together.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic