As my short tour started to wind down, we headed towards D.C., where we would have a concert and then have a day off and have an early Christmas with Josh’s family. We got there about nine p.m. and stayed at his parent’s house. The next night was my concert, and Josh’s family was going to be there, in the front row. They were so excited that they would finally get to see me perform, it rubbed off on both Josh and me. We had the best concert so far because we gave his family the best of ourselves.

The next day was our Christmas together. His parents showered toys on Arabella. They gave Josh gift certificates and a book of blank staff paper so he could write more music. They gave me a book of blank staff paper and a roll out keyboard that I could use to think on. I don’t know why they gave me that bizarre gift, but I guess it’s the thought that counts. Tyler gave me a journal to write my songs in. I guess he’d been talking to Josh. Only Josh knew how much I write. Heather gave me a gift certificate to my favorite store.

They loved the gifts I got for them. We all started laughing when Tyler opened up his gift from Josh and it was this huge bra. It must have been some inside brother joke, but it was still funny for all of us.
   
We arrived home a few days before Christmas. On Christmas, we had invited everyone over to our house and we exchanged gifts, but Lance declined. I think he was going home for Christmas. I got mostly gift certificates, although Josh got me this one necklace that had a heart shaped stone pendant. It was beautiful. I leaned over to him and kissed him.
   
“I take it you liked it?” he asked.
   
“Oh yes. Thank you.” I said.
   
When finally everyone started to leave, Josh and I had a nice dinner and then let Arabella play with the boxes from all her new toys. When her bedtime came, she was so tired she fell right asleep. I headed into our bedroom and got the gifts from underneath the bed and headed downstairs. Josh was sitting on the couch, listening to some music, and on the end table next to him was a bottle of my favorite non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice and two champagne glasses. I sat down next to him.
   
“Merry Christmas baby. I saved these for when we were alone.” I said, handing him the presents. He opened the first one to find a piece of lingerie.
   
“For me? You shouldn’t have. I don’t know if it’s my size.” he said.
   
“I married a dork.” I said, laughing. Josh finally lost it and laughed with me. He put the gift down and opened the other ones. When he finished, he started laughing again.
   
“What?” I asked him, taking a sip of my drink. Josh got up and headed in the direction of the hall closet. He came back with a box.
   
“I saved this for when we were alone.” he said. I opened it up. Inside was the most gorgeous formal gown I have ever laid my eyes upon.
   
“What’s this for?” I asked him.
   
“We were invited to the biggest party on New Year’s Eve.” he said. I looked up at him.
   
“No way.”
   
“Oh yes way. I thought you would like a night out, just the two of us, not even a thought about Arabella.”
   
“Oh Josh, you know just what I need. I love you!” I said, leaning in to kiss him.
   
“Or you could wear it to bed tonight.” Josh said suggestively.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic