Josh took me out to dinner before we went to the party. As soon as we arrived, we bumped into Lance and Cassie. For some reason, Lance looked nervous. Cassie looked absolutely stunning in her mid-calf midnight blue dress. She looked elated, but also a bit awestruck. I don’t think she was completely comfortable being with all these well known people just yet. Josh and I chatted with them for a few minutes, then went to mingle a bit more.
   
“Do you want to dance?” he asked me a little while later, near the end of a fast song.
   
“Yeah, sure.” I said. Josh lead me to a spot on the dance floor just as “Love” came on. I started to laugh.
   
“You have impeccable timing, Mr. Chasez. I love you.” I said, looking into his deep, beautiful, serious blue eyes.
   
“I love you too, Mrs. Chasez.” he said, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips. I deepened the kiss, and we put so much feeling into it that we almost ended up sitting on the floor.
   
“Wow.” I said when we came up for air. Josh slowly opened his eyes and looked into mine.
   
“I’ll love you for all time. It gets stronger with each passing day.” he whispers to me.
   
“You are my breath of life, my very soul. I love you.” Josh smiled and kissed my nose.
   
“Love” ended and a fast song came on. Josh and I didn’t care. We danced like we were the only two people in the universe, dancing to a rhythm that only the two of us could feel.
   
“I have something to tell you.” Josh said at one point, looking into my eyes.
   
“What?”
   
“Do you want to know what I titled my album?”
   
“You know I do. What is it?”
   
“I decided to call it Melodies.” He said, watching my reaction.
   
“Really? You named it after me? You shouldn’t have!”
   
Josh smiled.
   
“I love you, and you were the inspiration to me to make it, so I felt it should be called Melodies.”
   
I reached up and placed a kiss on his lips. He reached for more, and we shared a very special moment together.
   
When the one minute countdown started, I was surprised at how fast the evening was flying. It had only felt like an hour or two had gone by.
   
At midnight, Josh and I kissed, bringing in the New Year full of new hopes and dreams.
   
“Happy New Year, my dear sweet Melody.” Josh said.
   
“Happy New Year, Josh. I love you.” I said back.
   
We were dancing when Cassie found us and ran up to us.
   
“You’ll never believe it!” she squealed.
   
“What?” I asked her. She held up her left hand. On her ring finger was a solitaire on a thin gold band.
   
“Lance proposed to me! Oh Melody! I can’t believe it! I’m engaged!” She said as Lance found us. He looked a bit sheepish.
   
“Well, well. We should have known something was up with you. You were acting nervous earlier.” I said.
   
“Yeah man. Why didn’t you tell us you were going to pop the question?” Josh added.
   
“You didn’t tell us.” Lance pointed out.
   
“So what? As you once said, it was obvious from the beginning how I feel for Mel.”
   
“Uh, Josh? Lance? Do we have to go into this now?” I asked.
   
“No.” they both answered back.
   
Josh and I stayed a bit longer and then headed home. I was so tired I could barely get out of my dress before I hit the bed and fell asleep. I don’t think I even took my shoes off.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic