I look at Josh as he pulls away.

“What was that?” I ask him. I back up, trying to put as much space between us as I can. The elevator doors open. Josh gets out and turns to look at me.

“Are you coming?” he asks me.
 
“I think I need some space. I’ll get a ride home with Jack.” I press the button for the maternity floor and wait for the doors to close. I watch Josh as they close. He looks hurt. As soon as the doors close, I lean against the back wall and let some tears fall down my face.  The elevator doors open and I step out of them. I head to Jack’s office. He’s at his desk working on paperwork.  He looks up as I step into his office.

“Melody, what’s wrong?” he asks as I shut the door.

“I need a ride home, will you take me?” I sit in the chair on the other side of his desk.

“Yeah, sure. Let me finish this paperwork and we’ll head on out of here.” He gets back to his paperwork and I sit there thinking about what happened in the elevator. At last, Jack stood up. He grabs his briefcase and we leave. On the ride home, he tries to get what happened out of me.

“So, who was that guy you were with?” he asks me.

“That’s Josh, I met him yesterday and he’s Cassie’s neighbor.”

“Why didn’t he take you home?”

“Because I didn’t want him to take me home, I wanted to spend some time with you. Is there anything wrong with that? I want to spend some time with my favorite brother. How’s Cindy?”

“Cindy’s doing fine. And I’m your only brother you have. Stop trying to change the subject.”

“Who said I was trying to change the subject? I really did want to spend time with you. So when are you and Cindy going to try for yourselves to have kids?? I want to be an aunt.”

“Cindy and I are not going to have children just so you can be an aunt. And anyways, it’s none of your business when we’re going to try.”

“You’ve already tried, haven’t you?!?!” Jack didn’t answer. He concentrated on driving.

“I knew it!! Is she expecting??” I cry out.

“We don’t know yet, but she thinks she might be, though.”  Jack pulls into my driveway. I open the door and start to get out.

“I’ll see you later.” I shut the door. “Does mom know?”

“No, we won’t say anything until we’re sure she is expecting. See ya later, Melody.” Jack pulls out of the driveway and heads to his house. I head into my house to go to bed.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic