I awoke to my alarm clock going off. I groaned as I sat up and hit the alarm button to turn it off. I pulled myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and looked at myself in the mirror. I put my hand on my cheek where Josh had kissed it last night.  I took my shower and got dressed in some nice clothes and was getting ready to leave when my cell phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hi Mel.”

“Oh, hi Josh. What’s up?”

“Nothing. I have tonight free, I was just wandering if you wanted to come over? We could watch a movie or something.” He asks me.

“Yeah, sure. I’ve got to go, I have that meeting with Johnny. I don’t want to be late.” Josh and I hung up and I left for the meeting. I arrived early, and waited a little while before Johnny opened the door. Johnny ushered me into his office and I sat down at a chair in front of his desk. Johnny asked me if I had ever considered a singing career. I told him I hadn’t really seriously thought of one.  There was a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Johnny called. The door opened. Lance stuck his head in.

“Come on in, Lance. You’re just in time.” Johnny gestured to the other chair next to me. Lance walked in and sat down.

“Now, as I was just about to say, I think you have real potential, Melody. I was going to manage you myself, but Lance here has persuaded me to let him manage you. If that’s alright with you.”

“It’s fine with me, I guess. As I had said, I never had thought of pursuing this career professionally. I just sang as a hobby.” I said. Lance smiled.

“If that’s settled, allow me to let you read the contract I can offer you.” He said. He handed me a bundle of papers for me to read. I read through them carefully.  I asked a few questions, and Lance and Johnny answered them.

“If it is alright with you, we’ll have someone write all the songs on your first album for you. The public will need to learn your voice and basic style, and you can build from there a very promising career. We know many songwriters that can make mega hits, that’s how we started out. It helps that we have what it takes to be a real group though.” Lance explained. I looked at him.

“I don’t have any songs written at this time, so that’s fine with me.  Do what you want.” I signed the contract. Lance signed the contract, and so did Johnny.

“I sign it as a co-manager, but I’ll only be the money man. Lance will be your main manager.” he explained. When the meeting ended, Lance and I left Johnny’s office.

“So, boss, what’s next?” I asked him. He laughed.

“Nothing for you until Monday. Have a good weekend.” he said. I left and headed to Josh’s house.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc celebritysync postsync epicfic