"How was the show?" Rachel asked as she continued to leaf through her magazine.

 

"It was cool. I saw a few things that I want to get. Joey had a field day though. He was like a big kid in a toy store." JC said as he leaned down onto the bed and kissed Rachel lightly on the lips.

 

"See any people you knew there?"

 

"No, but we saw Laura before we got there-"

 

"What? Where?"

 

JC was puzzled by her reaction. "Well I didn't see her. Joey did."

 

"Oh. So you didn't see her?" Rachel was relieved.

 

"No. I just told you I didn’t see her." JC was growing very curious at her reaction.

 

Rachel decided to change the subject, "Jerry called."

 

"Oh yeah? What did he have to say?" JC asked.

 

Rachel could sense the attitude in his tone. "I don't know. I didn't speak to him. He had left a message downstairs. It's over on the coffee table in the other room."

 

JC realized he was being short with Rachel and tried to change his mannerism by playfully grabbing her ankles and lightly biting his way up to her knee. He then took off his shoes and jeans and walked into the other room to get the small envelope from the table. He grabbed his cell phone and started to dial.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey. It's JC. I got your message. It said to call no matter what the time. What's up?"

 

"I need to talk to you about something extremely important. You remember that day you brought in those release forms I needed you to sign?"

 

"Yeah. Why? Did I miss one?"

 

"No. After you left I found some sheet music mixed in with it. I had a guy play it for me and the song & arrangements are incredible."

 

JC couldn't figure out what he was talking about. "What song?"

 

"It says 'How Do You Keep The Music Playing'"

 

"Oh no, Jerry. That shouldn't have been in there. It was something personal that I was working on."

 

"Well at the top it says submission for Michael Stewart. It also has both you and Laura's names on it."

 

"Yeah, but we decided to scrap the song."

 

"Well I sent it upstairs to the exec's and they love it."

 

"You did what? That song was not supposed to be submitted, Jerry. It's not even finished."

 

"I know. That’s why I’m calling. They want you to finish the song."

 

JC knew Laura didn't want that song to be used on the album.  "Please, Jerry. That song was not a submission. It was trashed and I decided to work on it behind Laura's back. She didn't want it on the album. I am trying to follow her wishes."

 

"Then you shouldn't have left it in my office. I just assumed that you wanted it added."

 

"You are so full of shit. You knew I left it there by accident. You know, I had almost forgot why I didn't like you, Jerry. But it’s all coming back to me now."

 

"It's business, JC. And since you are in this business you should know better than to leave music lying around my office. I'm giving you a big opportunity here. They want you to finish this song."

 

"And if I don't?"

 

"They will get someone else to finish it. But your reputation and your name are going to be all over this puppy. I would think that you would want to make sure that this is given extra special care."

 

"You have to give me a day to think about this." JC muttered.

 

"Fair enough. But...."

 

"But what?" JC asked rubbing his head trying to prevent the headache that was sure to ensue after their conversation.

 

"That's not the only reason I needed to speak with you."

 

"What are you leaving out?"

 

"They want you to perform the song."

 

"Oh come on now, Jerry! With what singer?"

 

Jerry was silent. JC couldn't tell if he had gotten disconnected or not. "Hello? Jerry?"

 

"Laura...They want you to perform the duet with Laura."

 

"Give me a hit off that crack you're smokin’, Jerry. There is no way in hell."

 

"Why not?"

 

"For one, she doesn't want the song released. And you already know the second reason."

 

"I'm sure if I sit down and talk to her, she’ll come around. When I called her earlier, she hung up on me. I need someone to help me persuade her to do it."

 

JC decided to use the conversation to his advantage. "Well, Joey bumped into her earlier today."

 

"Oh yeah?"

 

"Yeah. I didn't get a chance to see her, but Joey said she was on her way to the studio."

 

"You guys must have been over by Dam Recording Studio then. She lives right near there."

 

"She lives here!?"  JC fell back onto the couch trying to gather his thoughts.

 

Jerry got quiet. "You didn't know that? I thought you guys talked to her today?"

 

"Yeah, but I never said she told us she lived in the area. I just assumed she flew into town to work."

 

Jerry cursed to himself lowly, "She asked that I specifically keep that information to myself."

 

"Well now that you have, maybe I can get her to do the duet. Just gimme her number and I will see what I can do."

 

"No way. That will definitely screw up any of my chances of getting her to do this. I just can't, JC. I promised her."

 

"I won't tell her it was you who gave it to me."

 

"She'll find out. I can't jeopardize it."

 

"Fine then." JC said in defeat.

 

He was satisfied with knowing that she was in the same city. The two men briefly spoke for a few more minutes about how Nikky was doing before finally hanging up. JC sat on the couch and starred out the patio window towards the skyline. All he could hear was Joey's words playing back over and over again in his mind.

 

"Aren't you coming to bed?" Rachel asked as she stood in the doorway wearing only his t-shirt.

 

"I'll be there in a second. I just need to make one more call to Joey about something."

 

"Okay." Rachel said before going back to bed. JC grabbed his phone and called his friend.

 

When he got in bed Rachel rolled over to face him and lightly kissed him on the lips. She talked about her day briefly and started to rub JC's chest slowly working her way down. He stopped her just shy of his boxers and said, "I'm really tired tonight, baby."

 

"This is the third time you have done this to me, JC." Rachel whined.

 

"Well I'm sorry that my sexual appetite isn't as strong as yours. I'm sorry that I am too tired to give you something to help you fall asleep. I work my ass off almost everyday." JC fluffed up his pillow and turned his body to face the window.

 

Rachel was about to protest but instead sat back and thought quietly to herself.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers oral girlontop makeupsex daddyjc boyfriendjc