"Now explain to me again why we are back here."

 

"I want to ask the man inside about Laura." JC said as he parked along the curb and started to take off his seatbelt.

 

"Why?"

 

"I need to see her."

 

"Why?" Joey asked like a 5 year old.

 

"Because I just do." JC said as he got out of the car and walked inside the convenience store. The older man was sitting behind the counter reading a newspaper when JC walked up.

 

"How can I help you?"

 

"Well, I'm hoping you can. My friend came in yesterday and bought a few things from your store..."

 

"No refunds."

 

JC smiled, laughing lightly to himself.  "No, I'm not looking for a refund. I am looking for someone who came into your store yesterday." JC gave the man a description of Laura and then said, "My friend says you ran after her and called her by her name...Laura. Does she come in here often?"

 

"Are you a cop?"

 

"No. We're old friends. I was trying to catch up with her and see how she was doing."

 

"How do I know you aren't a cop?"

 

He tried bribing the man with money, but it was useless. JC stood there trying to think of how he could prove to the man that he was a friend. He smiled and reached back into his pocket and got his wallet. He dug down into a compartment and pulled out a small photo. It was an old picture of Rachel, JC and Laura. It was folded on the one side so that only JC and Laura were showing. JC had been carrying it around in his wallet. He handed it to the man and pointed out Laura next to him.

 

Two teenaged girls walked into the store and were chatting together in the candy isle. JC and the man were still going back and forth over whether or not he was really a friend of some crazy stalker. The two girls took double takes at JC and started whispering to each other.

 

"My name is JC Chasez. I am a musician. Sound familiar at all? That's the two of us out at a record label barbeque." he pointed out.

 

The man had him move to the side so he could care of the two girls. As he was ringing them up, they asked JC for his autograph. When they were slowly leaving the store the older man said, "How do I know you didn't pay those girls to come in here and ask you for your autograph? You could be anybody."

 

One of the girls ran up an isle and came back to the counter with a box of fruit snacks. She turned the box over and pointed out JC among 4 other guys on the cover. The older man looked at him and then back down at the box 5 times before he caved. "You swear that you are friends?"

 

"I swear, sir. I'm only trying to say hello to her. That's all. I was just curious if you knew where she lived or if she comes in here a lot so that I could possibly be here the next time."

The old man looked out the window and could see Joey outside speaking to the same two girls who had just been in the store. "You see that big building over there?"

 

JC looked out past his best friend across the street. "Yes. The one with the man standing by the door?"

 

"Yes....She lives over there." he nodded.

 

JC's eyes lit up.  "Thank you so much sir. What do I owe you?" JC asked as he took out his wallet to at least buy something in the store.

 

The man went over to the clear cabinet on the side and grabbed two Danishes and placed them in a bag and handed them to JC. He pushed JC's hand away signaling him not to give him anything.

 

"She gets one everyday. She hasn't come in yet today. You can take this over to her for me." The old man said.

 

JC thanked the man again and went to leave the store.

 

"Hey."

 

JC turned around.

 

"You must be a very special friend to go through all this trouble to find her. I just hope I'm right."

 

JC slightly smiled and walked out the door. He rushed to the edge of the sidewalk and looked both ways before crossing the busy city street. Joey wrapped up his conversation quickly and ran after JC. "Where are you going?"

 

"She lives in there." JC pointed out before rushing off towards the front door. Joey grabbed his arm and turned him around, "What are you about to do?"

 

"I'm about to go and see her." he replied matter-of-factly.

 

"Why the urgency, JC?"

 

"I don't know. Something is just pulling me in this direction. I just need to see her."

 

"What are you going to get out of this? Its not going to change anything. Why are you going to start some more shit with her? She left Florida, she has a new life here, she isn't chasing you down...Why don't you just leave her alone?"

 

"Because I can't. Either you are going to be here for me or not." JC started to walk up the steps.

 

Joey stopped in his tracks and said, "Then I'm not. I'm not going to help you with this one, JC. You're on your own."

 

JC threw up his hands and said, "Fine."

 

As JC walked into the building the first thing he saw was a very large marble desk sitting close to the elevators. He took a deep breath before walking over the counter. There was a very well dressed man standing behind the counter talking on the telephone. He whispered that he would be with him in a moment. JC couldn't help but wonder what the man's sexual preference was by the very feminine tone in his voice. Once the man hung up he asked, "Can I help you, sir?"

 

"I hope so. My name is-"

 

"I know who you are, Mr. Chasez. I'm a big fan." he smiled.

 

"Well thanks...I'm actually here looking to surprise a friend of mine. Ms. Laura Charles. Could you tell me what apartment she lives in?"

 

"Sorry I can't give out that kind of information, Sir."

 

"No way you can bend the rules a little?" JC asked.

 

There was no emotion in the clerks face when he bluntly stated, "No."

 

JC knew that this man wasn't going to budge, but he was going to try anyway. He started offering money, gifts, autographs, clothes, concert tickets, as well as free plane trips...Nothing seemed to be working. Just as JC was about to give up hope and go home Joey walked up to the counter and introduced himself to the clerk.  The clerks eyes immediately lit up as Joey continued to make small talk with him. JC walked over towards the front door and waiting for Joey to join him in his defeat. Two minutes later Joey walks over to him and whispers, "Ninth floor. Apartment 9102...You owe me big time."

 

JC put both his hands on the sides of Joey's face before planting a large kiss on his cheek and thanking him. The clerk at the desk smiled seductively at the two of them as he adjusted his tie. Joey looked towards his friend for help but JC was already on his way to the elevator.

 

Once on the ninth floor, JC couldn't pull himself out of the elevator. He felt as though his feet were nailed down to the floor. He started breathing deeply, giving himself a pep talk. As he walked down the hall, he rehearsed what he was going to say when she opened the door.

 

The gold plated numbers on the door were shining back at JC. He lifted his hand up to knock and stopped himself. "What the hell am I doing here?"

 

DING DONG

 

Laura grabbed a box and headed towards the living room. "I'm coming!" she yelled out.

 

She grabbed an invoice and placed it in the box and walked towards the door in hopes that it was the FedEx driver picking up a package she needed sent off. She left the chain on the door just to be sure. Standing behind the door as she slowly pulled it open just a tad the smile completely disappeared from her face as she asked, "What do you want, JC?"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers oral girlontop makeupsex daddyjc boyfriendjc