Story Notes:

 

 

This thing has been sitting on my hard drive for like...four years so I figured, might as well post it. Hope you enjoy it! Leave me feedback! <3

Oh and yeah, for the sake of my sanity in not having to back through and change part of the story, Lance isn't gay. I actually think I started writing this damn thing before he had even announced it.

"I'm leavin' today

Livin' it, leavin' it, to change

Slowly driftin' into a peaceful breeze

Tongue-tied and twisted are all my memories

Celebrating a fantasy come true

Packin' all my bags, I'm finally on the move"

Song: "Cruz"-Christina Aguilera

 

*Thursday*

 

The last box was loaded into the moving van and the driver shut the door. "Ok Ms. Taylor, it's all loaded.  We're heading out to Los Angeles. We've got the directions to your place; we'll see you Sunday morning."

Allie nodded at them. "Thank you so much. I'll see you Sunday. Drive careful!" Allie thanked the movers and followed the truck with her eyes as it made its way down her street.

Turning her gaze back to her boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend now, she grabbed his hand and placed it against her cheek. "You know, it doesn't have to be like this." He said caressing her cheek softly. "You could stay here and get a job. Music is just as good out here on the east coast as it is out there on the west coast."

Allie touched his hand, resting her cheek more firmly in his palm. She sighed. They had had this conversation before, many times. Things hadn't changed. Her heart still said to move to L.A. regardless of her love for him. If they were meant to be then they'd find each other again.

"You know it's not that easy Brad."

He took his hand away from her cheek. Even through the tears in her own eyes, she could tell that his too had welled up. "I know." He dropped his head and a single tear slid down his cheek. "It's just gonna be hard without you. You are everything to me. You're my soul Allie."

That did it. The tears that had been held a bay finally fell and she embraced him in her arms with a tight hug. "Hey, I'm just a phone call or a plane ride away. Yes it's across the entire continent but nonetheless. It's not like I'm disappearing hun."

He raised his head off her shoulder to look at her. "From my life you are. Allie, I'm sorry, I can't deal with this right now. Call me when you get into LAX. Don't forget, I love you, forever and ever." A last tear slid down both their cheeks before he leaned in for a final kiss.

This kiss was different from all the other ones they had ever shared in their 5 years together. It was...empty.

He parted from her, gave her one last look and then got into his red TransAm.

Even after his car had disappeared around the corner, she still stood gazing into space. Half questioning her decision to go, half questioning her reasons to stay.

"No! This is no time for regrets." She told herself picking up the last of her luggage and throwing it into her sisters' car. She was going to leave it at the airport for her sister to pick up later in the day.

"I made the right choice. I'll find that out for sure once I get settled in over there." With that she took one final look at her house and got in the car.  She pulled out of the driveway and made her way down the street, willing herself not to turn around. This was it, no turning back now...

Chapter End Notes:

there's the prologue :) hope ya like it. it's gonna be kind of fluffy for a bit until I get into the thickk of the story.

thanks for reading! <3



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story