"You are my Manhattan from the sky
You look so neat and tidy when I'm way up high,
But I know your streets are lined with a fine mess inside
And I wanna come down and walk around your mind..."Song & Lyrics: "Manhattan From The Sky"-Kate Voegele  

The scene at Jive the next morning was crazy as all five of the guys, plus their bodyguards, stylists and a few other people essential to their promo tour were loaded into vans to get them to the airport. The tour Allie had been on a few years ago was nothing compared to this, and this was just a promotional thing for a few days. She could only imagine what the tour was going to be like when it pulled out of California the first day. It was something that she was definitely looking forward to, and something she was a little afraid of as well. Her life was about to get crazy hectic.

When she had pulled into her space at work she was greeted by all five of the guys and a few of their bodyguards, who grabbed her luggage and took off with it to put it into a van. "Hey guys!" She smiled, pushing her white Dior sunglasses up on top of her head.

"Hey Allie!" Each one gave her a huge hug and smiled in return. "Leave your keys with Leslie. She said she'd have your car taken back to your house for you."  Lance stated, always the one with his head on straight and in business mode. "Thanks Lance. I've actually got to run up to my office and pick up a few things I left. I'll just be a minute."

"I'll go with you." Justin volunteered, his blue eyes shining into hers.  

"Oh...k."

With that the two of them took off to the elevator to head upstairs. When the elevator doors closed Allie sighed heavily. "Long  night?" Justin asked, leaning back and crossing his arms over his chest, a relaxed look on his face. "You have no idea. I had no clue what to pack, so I packed too much, and the ex called around 12:30 drunk off his ass and probably wanting to push me into another fight."

"Another one? Hopefully you didn't take the bait."

"Not at all. I told him that I was over it and hung up." She shrugged, just as the doors opened. Leslie was standing there, her finger poised to push the down button. "Well hello there!" She chirped. "I was just about to come down there to get your keys and deliver these papers for you."

"Oh! That's what I was coming up to do. Thank you so much Leslie. You rock!" Leslie laughed and grabbed Allie's keys in exchange for the papers she was holding. "Schedule's in there, along with hotel arrangements and what not. If you start getting lost, the boys have been around Johnny long enough that they can help you out. They know the schedule as well, so it should be a piece of cake. And Justin-I'm sure that Johnny briefed you all on how to behave with her. Don't you all go giving her any trouble. She's been kind of thrust into this position with not a lot of time to get used to it."

"Don't worry ma'am. We'll all take good care of her." He grinned, throwing his arm around Allie's shoulders. She smiled at Leslie as well before adding. "Thanks again Leslie. I'll see you when I get back! If I make it back alive!"

"Have fun, Alexis!"

When the doors closed in front of them again, Justin's arm was still around Allie's shoulder. He looked down at her for a second, and when he saw she was looking at him, he straightened and tugged on the sleeves of his blue button up. They both laughed, a little embarrassed.

"So you ready for this?" He questioned her, stepping out of the elevator and heading towards the van that would take them to the airport. "Ready as I'll ever be. Why do I have the feeling that ya'll are going to drive me up a wall over the next few days."

"Probably because I have the same feeling. Don't worry. I'll keep you sane." He winked at her and smiled devilishly. "Now, why does that make me worry more, Justin?"

He just laughed and opened the van's door for her, before climbing inside behind her. Chris was already stretched out in the middle seat and Mike was up in the front, so that put the two of them in the back. "I have NO idea. Hey Chris, Allie here seems to think that we're going to drive her crazy." Chris sat up and turned to face them. "No!" He said disbelievingly, and up in the front Mike just chuckled to himself. "You are certainly in for a ride, Ms. Taylor, a ride indeed."

**************

She wasn't sure how they had all managed to make it onto the plane safely and with all of their luggage, but it had happened pretty smoothly, save for the few hundreds of fans that had somehow gotten wind of the boys leaving town. When the screams erupted as the entourage entered LAX, she had to fight the urge to join in with them.

A few years ago in Nsync's true glory days she had been just like them, knowing exactly where the boys would be so that she could be there, to try and get even the slightest glimpse of them. Or more importantly, one curly headed boybander; one that was sitting right behind her at this particular moment.

Even with the extra leg room offered in first class, she could feel his leg bouncing against the back of her chair. Unbuckling her seatbelt she huffed loudly as she peered over her chair at him. "Justin! Stop with the foot tapping." When he made no move to answer her, she reached over and tugged the headphones out of his ears. His eyes opened and turned up to meet hers at the movement. "OH! Hey Allie. Did you need something?" He asked innocently, blue eyes glimmering up at her.

"MMmm...it'd be a MUCH more enjoyable plane ride for me...if you would kindly STOP bouncing your damn leg." Beside her JC snickered and across the aisle Chris laughed loudly, then covered his mouth with his hand. Allie turned her eyes on him when she heard. "Chris! Something you need to say over there??" His brown eyes looked worried as he met her gaze. "No, not at all."

Lance punched the back of Chris' chair and added. "Liar. You know damn well what you're laughing about." Chris only punched the volume button on his iPOD to turn it up louder, trying to ignore what was about to happen.

"Lance, what do you mean?" Allie asked, turning her green eyes to meet his equally green ones. "Umm...that's why you got stuck over there Allie. And that's why Justin's sitting alone...because he always bounces his leg and drums his fingers and taps any surface that he can when he listens to music and it annoys all of us."

Justin shrunk back into the seat just a bit. "Aww you guys, that's so mean. Don't single out the kid." Allie laughed, and then looked down to Justin, who had a pout on his face, poking his lower lip out. "I am NOT a kid anymore." His eyebrows slanted together as he glared at her. "Well you're acting like it now." Allie kidded.  "I'll just move back there. No big deal." Joey finally chimed into the conversation. "Trust me Allie, it's just as bad." At that everyone started laughing.

"Well I am SO glad that you guys decided to make things easy on the new girl." She stuck her tongue out at them.  She picked up her laptop and bent down so she wouldn't hit her head on the top and climbed over JC's long legs to get to the aisle.

"Ok, I'm gonna hit the bathroom, be back." She stated, putting her stuff on the seat next to Justin's. "Thanks for the update there, Allie." Chris stated, eyeing her as she walked to the bathrooms in the back of the plane.

A few second later, Justin got up out of his seat and followed. Chris' eyebrow raised in question and he kicked his leg across the aisle at JC, who was probably sleeping. "Dude...did you catch that?"

"Catch what Chris?" Joey poked his head over the seat and Lance leaned around to voice his thoughts. "Yeah, I saw. Anyone want to up the bet that he'll make his move on this trip?" JC turned to his left to face them all. "What bet?" The three of them stared at him in confusion. "What do you mean ‘what bet'? The one we've all got going that J's going to make a move on her." Chris answered.

"Oh...How come I didn't know about this?" JC asked.

"You did, you just said that Allie would stay professional now that she's actually working FOR us. You change your mind yet?" Lance asked.

"Nah, I still think that she won't give in...not this quickly at least. Although you might all be on to something...there has been some heavy flirting between them recently."

"It'll happen this trip if I have anything to do about it." Chris grinned, pulling his headphones out of his ears.

"Chris! Do NOT do anything to push them. Trust me, Justin can do it on his own." Joey interjected.

"Justin can do what on his own?" Apparently they had all been too wrapped up in their conversation to realize that Allie had come back, sans Justin. "Where's Justin? Did you lock the baby up in the bathroom?" Chris asked, bouncing up and down in his seat excitedly.

"Mmm no. Didn't even know he had come back there." Allie scooted into the window seat and sat down; sinking into the warmth that Justin had left.  She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the window and let her thoughts drift. If someone had told her ten years ago, back when she was in high school that she would be working with the five guys whose faces covered her bedroom walls, she would have laughed in their face, but now look at her and where her dreams had gotten her.

When she finally relaxed enough to fall asleep, she dreamt of just how much further those dreams of hers would take her.

 
Chapter End Notes:

Yep, another update. HAHA. :) Don't get too used to this. It's the weekend, and it seems like it's going to be a slow one for me, which means lots of writing! I like those kinds of weekends!

Hope ya'll are likin the story so far!

Leave me some love <3

~LT



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story