"Yes Karen....No, it's a girl....What did we name her?..Harmony Angel....yes...Thanks...Me? I'm doing better. Did Josh tell you how she was born?..Only that he delivered her?...I didn't even have to push that much, she just kind of came out on her own....Yes, I'm serious...Ok. I'll talk to you later then. Bye." I placed the phone in its cradle on the bedside table.
   
"She doesn't believe it." I said. Jack laughs at this.
   
"I must say, of all the babies I've delivered, I've never heard of one coming into the world like my new niece." He said. I laugh at this too.
   
"And this including you delivering the baby boy of a teen, then adopting it a year later?" Jack sobered a bit.
   
"That's different. Ethan was born like every other vaginal birth. Little miss Harmony here is a unique story." Josh came back in the room, returning from getting his car with Mom.
   
"There's the most beautiful woman I know. How's my Melody doing?" he asked as he kissed my forehead and sitting on the bed." I smiled at him.
   
"The same as I was doing twenty minutes ago when you left." I handed Harmony over to him. He looked down at her and smiled the same smile I see on his face every time he looks down at a sleeping Arabella in his arms.
   
"She's some birthday present, isn't she?" I ask him quietly enough that Jack didn't hear me. Josh looked up at me.
   
"I couldn't ask for a better one. I love you and our two beautiful daughters." Just then, Harmony started to fuss, so I had everyone leave the room as I started to feed her. Once she was started, Josh came back in and sat in the chair the Jack had occupied. He just sat there and watched us while he smiled. I looked up at him at one point.
   
"Whatchya thinking?" I ask.
   
"Just how beautiful life is. That there's nothing more beautiful then to watch a mother feed her child, giving it the essentials it needs to survive. It makes me realize just how precious and beautiful you really are. I love you." he said. I smiled back at him.
   
"Well, the guy that delivered this one was pretty good looking too. Josh laughs as Harmony finishes her meal and I tuck myself back into the hospital gown. I hand her to Josh and head to the bathroom. By the time I come back out, she's asleep in her daddy's arms. I sit back down on the bed and just watch Josh and Harmony. Josh sensed me watching him and looked up at me.
   
"Penny for your thoughts."
   
"Just thinking how much I love you, and how natural you are with the girls." I said. Josh stood up and took our newest daughter and put her in the plastic mobile hospital crib. He turned back to me.
   
"And I love you, Melody Elissa Chasez." and he gave me a tender kiss on the lips.
   
It seemed like no time before I was taking Harmony home, ready for the start of her life.

Completed
Dawn Dustings is the author of 24 other stories.

This story is part of the series, The Rhythm of Life. The previous story in the series is The Melody of Life. The next story in the series is Candencies.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: anniversary love daddyjc