Summary:

The last time we saw Lauren Walters, she was working as personal assistant for one of the most arrogant men in the entertainment industry. She never would have guessed falling in love with her boss was in the stars. Now Lauren is girlfriend to none other than Justin Timberlake and she couldn’t be happier.

But good things never last very long and Lauren just might have to learn the hard way in this sequel to Deranged Delusions. Can she save the good things without ruining her life and those she loves in the process? Or will deception and distrust destroy her perfect life as she knows it?


Rated: R
Categories: In Progress Het Stories Characters: Justin Timberlake
Awards: Season 4
Genres: Drama, General, Humor, Romance
Series: Damaged Destiny
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes
Word count: 129731 Read: 92118
Published: May 30, 2007 Updated: Sep 17, 2008
Send To: Printer or Microsoft Word

1. Something There by westernway [Comments - 32] starstarstarstarstar (2830 words)
Here it is! I am beyond excited to be posting this right now. It has been far too long and I have to say that I have missed Lauren and Justin beyond belief. So here they are to start the summer off right! I hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what y'all think!

2. Go the Distance by westernway [Comments - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5944 words)
Wow! So can I just say that you guys are AWESOME! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the reviews and the excitement for this sequel. It has definitely been helping me write these chapters and get them out as quickly as possible :) 
Right so that's it for now, enjoy chapter 2! 
- Amanda
P.S. I apologize for the length of this chapter. 

3. 'Hi, Ho!' by westernway [Comments - 8] starstarstarstarstar (3600 words)
So thanks a million (and more!) for the love. You guys are crazy awesome :) Here's a little update for y'all. 

4. A P.A. Is Out There by westernway [Comments - 7] starstarstarstarstar (3066 words)
I apologize for the lack of updates. Things have been hectic out in California and unfortunately writing has kind of taken a backseat. But dont' worry! I'll try as often as I can to get this story updated. Thank you as always for the feedback and I hope you guys dig this latest installment!

5. You Can Fly by westernway [Comments - 7] starstarstarstarstar (4209 words)
I hate that my computer doesn't recognize itallics on this system. But anyway...here's the latest. Hope you enjoy it and as always, thanks for the continued support.

6. Be Our Guest by westernway [Comments - 9] starstarstarstarstar (2773 words)
New update! Would also like to add that a story page for this story is up on my site: http://westernway.tasting-eden.com so be sure to go check that out. 
Also, voting at Silent Tragedy has begun and Crosswind has been nominated for ten awards and Displaced Deception has earned four noms. Thank you to all who nominated! Really can't thank you enough. Now don't y'all want to go and vote? (http://silenttragedy.inthearmsof5angels.com)
That being said, here's the new chapter! Enjoy

7. The Walters Company by westernway [Comments - 7] starstarstarstarstar (3637 words)
A few notes before we get into the chapter: 
- I apologize for the innate randomness that follows this note. - New character alert that isn't quite so new- My favorite chapter by far. 
That is all. Enjoy! 

8. A Most Befuddling Thing by westernway [Comments - 11] starstarstarstarstar (3514 words)
Been a while since the last update so I figured I'd post this little baby up! Thanks, as always, for the reviews, y'all know I adore them :) 
-Amanda

9. It's Not Easy by westernway [Comments - 8] starstarstarstarstar (3371 words)
Oh. My. God. I am SOOOOO sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth for the entire summer. Summer school, family vacations, and a horrid case of writer's block managed to hit me right in the middle of the summer months. I can't apologize enough for my lack of updates and for not letting you guys know where I had gone and the like. You guys are awesome and I hope you like the new chapter.
I'd also like to add that the lease on tasting-eden.com will expire this week and a lot of good fiction writers will be out of homes for their sites. If you have anything to give, it would be greatly appreciated. Just go look at http://tasting-eden.com for more information. 
Enjoy the latest  chapter (not that great) and thanks for sticking by this story!
<3 Amanda

10. What's This? by westernway [Comments - 9] starstarstarstarstar (4900 words)
Thanks to everyone for staying by this story even though I was an idiot and left it hanging in the middle of summer. I have the whole thing outlined (gasp) and while some things are subjected to change, I know the ending *dun dun dun*
That said, I think updates should be frequent (but not too frequent). I hope everyone is doing well and here's the lastest! 
-Amanda

11. So this is Love? by westernway [Comments - 10] starstarstarstarstar (5492 words)
Update alert! 
Thanks again for all the comments. I'm going to try to answer them when I have a spare moment. I've been writing like whoa for the past week and I'm really excited for what's in store! I just want to thank all of you again for continuing to read this story and all that good stuff. Makes me happy to know that people are still enjoying the random adventures of Lauren and Justin! 
Cheers!
Amanda

12. Chapter 12 by westernway [Comments - 10] starstarstarstarstar (8480 words)
So I'm going to apologize right off the bat for the ridiculous length of this chapter. It is insanely long and, yeah. My bad, I can't help it if I got carried away. I hope you enjoy this one...I had a TON of fun writing it and yeah...I already know the next two chapters are going to be a doozy! 
Thanks, as always, for the reviews and continued support. Y'all are the most amazing people in the world and I can't thank you guys enough for sticking with Lauren and Justin. And here we go! 
-Amanda 

13. World's Greatest Criminal Mind by westernway [Comments - 18] starstarstarstarstar (8785 words)
Again, sorry for the length. 
- Amanda

14. Hero to Zero by westernway [Comments - 22] starstarstarstarstar (7004 words)
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the reviews! I was so surprised to get back from Justin's concert on Wednesday to find all these reviews for the last chapter. I couldn't ask for more vocal and amazing readers and yeah...I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm not going to apologize for the length because I apparently I don't have to anymore. But I am going to apologize for any mistakes in grammar and the like. Anyway here we go! 
-Amanda

15. In a World of My Own by westernway [Comments - 16] starstarstarstarstar (6803 words)
Oh my gosh you guys its time for Shameless Plugs! 
First off: I know that there are a lot of talented writers here on NF.com and some of you, I take it, are possibly looking for a host. Well here's a way to get onto one of the best and, in my humble opinion, most presitgious sites in all fictiondom. That's right, Tasting Eden is looking for a new hostee. But they're not going to do it by just answering emails...nope there's a whole American Idol thing Nikki and Brittany are doing and they're looking for applicants. Do YOU have what it takes? Go here: http://ss.tasting-eden.com/ and apply. No, seriously. Do it. 
Also, the Sugar Shack forums are back up. You can go there and talk to other fiction writers, get inspiration for writing, take part in challenges, general discussion...all that good stuff. Plus there's a forum just for me where you can ask questions about DD2, upcoming projects, and more. Go register and have fun here: http://tasting-eden.com/forum/index.php
Another thing: I have my own site if y'all didn't know by now and I would like to point out that DD2 has an album up over there. Go check it out because some of the pictures took me a long time to make and put together. It is by no means done and the spoilers for the album are only up until this chapter, so you can go over after reading this chapter and not worry about the spoilers. Awesome, huh? 
Right...end of Shamless plugs. 
Thank you for the never ending and absolutely FABULOUS reviews. I couldn't ask for better readers and y'all are serious the best ever. I am going to let y'all know that updates might be less frequent as I just signed up to do tech for the straight play AND the musical at my university. But I promise I am going to work my ass off in getting these chapters out to y'all! 
That's enough of my mindless droning. Enjoy the chapter!! 

16. Why Should I Worry? by westernway [Comments - 18] starstarstarstarstar (4834 words)
I apologize for not answering reviews for the last chapter. I wanted to get this little baby out before the weekend was up. I mean how could I not update when you guys are the most fabulous people ever? Like seriously. 
Also I apologize for any errors later on in the chapter. I didn't have Jess go over them because a) it was close to 1 in the morning my time and b) I'm just that damn excited to post this sucker up. 
There's a throwback to Chapter 7 in the following chapter so if you're a bit rusty on the whole, you might want to go re-read or skim or whatever. 
Some of you may like this chapter....others will be like what the hell? 
Maybe. 
You're just going to have to read ;) 
LOVE YOU ALL!  

17. Sing Sweet Nightingale by westernway [Comments - 14] starstarstarstarstar (8032 words)
I'm sorry this update took longer than expected to get out. I got a wicked bad head and chest cold and sadly that sucked any creativeness out of me to write. But you should be thanking the sickness that's going around my university because I'd still be in rehersal right now and not updating. 
Thankfully this upcoming week is the opening and closing of the show so hopefully I'll find some time to write in between. Thank you for all those who nominated this and other stories at the various awards (really...who the heck is doing all the noms for Little Girl Lost? lol). 
As always, thank you for the support and please try to keep from forming angry mobs lol
-Amanda

18. Strange Things by westernway [Comments - 14] starstarstarstarstar (6741 words)
Sorry it's taken a while for this update. We opened the show this week so I've been busy just about every night. I hope you enjoy the lastest update. Also, voting has started at the Vanilla Rush Awards so go take a gander over there and place your votes for your favorites! 
Would also like to add I updated DD2's photo album on my site so go check it out as well! 
Much love, enjoy! 

19. Pink Elephants on Parade by westernway [Comments - 20] starstarstarstarstar (8259 words)
By far my favorite to write to date...although the next one should be equally as fun. Thanks to everyone who voted at the Vanilla Rush Awards...Lo and Justin won for best couple, male, and female and DD2 won for Best Title. Nominations are still going on for the Satisfaction Awards and the voting begins this Saturday so get those last minute nominations in and don't forget to vote! :)  http://srawards.unspoken-pleasures.net/Enjoy this chapter!

20. She's a Tramp by westernway [Comments - 22] starstarstarstarstar (7412 words)
So y'all need to feel loved because it's 4:15 in the AM here in windy California and I really should be asleep, and yet here I am updating DD2. What is wrong with this picture (and don't say 'nothing!') I need my sleep lol. But thank you so much for the enthusastic reviews from the last chapter! I enjoyed reading every single one of them :) I updated my website and there's some new goodies on the DD2 page (namely the addition of the Soundtrack page). If any of y'all have any songs that remind you of Lauren, Justin and company by all means let me know and I'll add it onto the page (with credit going to you of course!). Have also added the summary of a new story that I'm working on...that's up on the fiction page! 
What else...voting is going on at the Satisfaction Awards, so be sure to go check that out...this story and my short, Little Girl Lost are nominated for quite a few awards as are a few of my other favorite people! So go show your support! http://srawards.unspoken-pleasures.net/ 
As always, thanks for reading and showing your continued support, you guys rock! 

21. 21. I Wanna Be With You by westernway [Comments - 15] starstarstarstarstar (4366 words)

YES I AM BACK! WOOO HOOOOO! 

I can only apologize profusely for my extended absence. School and my social calendar got the better of me and sad to say my writing went on the back burner. I hope you guys have been doing well and I can't thank you enough for the words of encouragement to keep writing and to keep working on this story. I haven't given up on it in the least bit, I was just busy as a little beaver last year.

 So thank you, thank you, thank you for all the reviews, emails, and posts on my site. I will have that updated hopefully next week. I have load in for one of my university's shows this weekend and we start technical rehearsals next week so yes, I'll still be busy, but I know for a fact that you won't have to wait months on end for the nest update! 

 I'm going to stop typing here and give you guys the stuff you've been waiting SO patiently for. Thank you yet again and much love!  

22. Look Through My Eyes by westernway [Comments - 15] starstarstarstarstar (3708 words)

So it's a week late, but here's a little update for you guys for Valentine's Day. Thankfully I'm going to be having a lot of time to write more and so there should be another update coming soon. I hope you guys are still out there, I know that I've fallen off the face of the planet but I'm trying to crawl back on! 

 

Enjoy the update! Thanks again for all the reviews and for sticking with this story! 

23. Appreciate the Lady by westernway [Comments - 11] starstarstarstarstar (3279 words)

Thank you all for being so patient. You are all wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Only two more chapters! Crazy! 

 Enjoy and sorry again for my laziness! 

-Amanda 

24. Ask the Girl by westernway [Comments - 11] (2888 words)
So there's one more chapter to go and DD2 is complete! Again I apologize for the decrease in updates and how I've pretty much gone AWOL. You guys definitely don't deserve it and Lauren and Justin don't deserve it either.

Depending on how busy I am this week, keep your eyes open for the last chapter. I hope you won't be disappointed :)

-Amanda

25. I Will Go Sailing No More by westernway [Comments - 13] (5804 words)

This has been a long time in the making. I’m writing these acknowledgements before even embarking on the last chapter and I have no idea how I’m going to start writing it.

 

It’s been a long and tumultuous road and I know I’ve been the worst updater when it has come to this story. For that I deeply apologize to everyone who has been waiting for the latest chapter and to figure out what the hell is going to happen to Lauren and Justin. I can sit here and tell you how crazy my life turned out over the past few months but I honestly don’t want to bore you with everything. All I can do is offer my sincerest apologies and hope you guys aren’t as disappointed in me as I am in myself for letting y’all down.

There are a few people I need to thank: Jessica, you're the best editor ever...I miss our really random late night chats and here's hoping we can accomplish more of that later.

To the wonderful minds behind all the Disney songs I ripped off for the chapters. Sorry for butchering your works of art to make mine a little bit better.

My lovely Mamas Nikki and Brittany over at Tasting Eden. I know I haven't done much with the site, but thank you for being the best hostesses a writer could ever ask for. And a big shout out  to all my sisters - love you girls!

And to all of you. Thank you for sticking by this story even though I really didn't. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I hope you don’t kill me. I hope I’ve done this story and the first one justice. I hope there's good things in store for all of your futures and I pray that I'll see you down the road! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! 

Without further delay (because you've been waiting for months!) - I give you the end.